Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: RNS-510 HDD replacement/SSD swap DIY

Users Country Flag

Try loading Josi's recovery firmware CD and then full firmware upgrade.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    An SSD will not make any difference to the speed of the unit except when browsing your music library.
    Is that still accurate for the SSD upgrade and is there any performance (more responsive) benefit to a firmware upgrade?

I've got a RNS-510 C firmware 1140 and was considering the SSD upgrade, but I use Spotify so the gains seem negligible until the unit gets the HDD cold start issue or failure.

Thanks for this great thread, so much info here!

Users Country Flag
    Firmware upgrade will gain you more than an ssd upgrade.
    If you want more space go for ssd upgrade or just use sdcards

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kamold; 19-11-2016 at 09:49 PM.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Great instructions here.... very detailed and easy to follow

I replaced my old broken HDD this morning and it was a very easy process with the instructions onscreen during the procedure.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by gasb View Post
    Hi,

May be someone can help me. I have done everything this post says about rplacing my HDD. However after putting it together my RNS510 won't start. It apears there is no power to it. Tried and reinstalled original hdd same problem. If anyone knows please help.
    hi i have the same thing to "Gasb"
    I have changed my hard drive by an SSD and the RNS 510 does not want to start.
    I always dismantle re-check all connections, Could not reboot, did he disconnect the battery before? What I did not do!
    I had it repaired and the gas m said that it was the video card that has dropped,
    the one that is behind the screen !! It gave me original, suddenly h hesitate to hand over the ssd

Users Country Flag
    Hi,

I have a broken HDD in my RNS 510 and I triyed to replace it by a new Kingspec SSD but when I plug my RNS in my car, it starts, but I can’t launch a firmware installation and I can’t eject the CD, it just spins. When I put back the old broken HDD, everything works again. I also triyed to wipe the SSD, but got same the result.

Does somebody had the same issue and solved it ? I read that occurs to one member in this thread (page 9) but i didn't found the solution.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by zeko1024 View Post
    Hi,

I have a broken HDD in my RNS 510 and I triyed to replace it by a new Kingspec SSD but when I plug my RNS in my car, it starts, but I can’t launch a firmware installation and I can’t eject the CD, it just spins. When I put back the old broken HDD, everything works again. I also triyed to wipe the SSD, but got same the result.

Does somebody had the same issue and solved it ? I read that occurs to one member in this thread (page 9) but i didn't found the solution.
    Do you have a jumper on the SSD?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    No, I took the jumper off.

Users Country Flag
    Does that same firmware CD read Ok with your old HDD in the system?
    It might be a bad disk

Users Country Flag

Yes it reads Ok with the old HDD. But I will try another CD to be sure. I must start from the firmware 1100 ?

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast