Page 34 of 55 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacing RNS 510 with RCD 330+

Users Country Flag

Edit thanks to confirmation from bravo:

Carstream works on these units.
    Youtube inside Android Auto

CarStream (previously YoutubeAuto) for Android Auto APK download and setup | The Kiran Kumar blog

Also works on Discover Media.
    Last edited by kamold; 21-01-2018 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Updated due to confirmation
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Yes.

Just downloaded and installed the 1.6.1 apk. Works a treat.

Hi Dubbers,
    I thought I might post some updates on what I have done so far with original version on RCD330+ (Revision A = Desay, Runs on WinCE).

After following a Russian forum, (thank god for Google translator), I have worked on and off for few months to fine-tune my RCD330.

I have managed to Extend a USB to the back of RCD330. (Either front or rear USB port could be used at a time, unless if you are using an external powered USB Hub)
    Replacing RNS 510 with RCD 330+-2017-10-04-14-46-50-jpgReplacing RNS 510 with RCD 330+-2017-10-04-14-46-37-jpg
    Added an Alternative Menu (Pressing and holding the “MEDIA” button for few seconds)
    Replacing RNS 510 with RCD 330+-2018-01-15-08-12-38-jpg
    I have translated Russian Menus to English, again thanks to Google translator.

Translated Easy Connected App (Screen Mirroring app for Android) to English, (Easy Connected work much better than original Mirror-link app that was loaded on RCD330)
    Replacing RNS 510 with RCD 330+-2018-01-15-08-13-28-jpgReplacing RNS 510 with RCD 330+-2018-01-15-08-13-37-jpgReplacing RNS 510 with RCD 330+-2018-01-15-08-13-56-jpg
    Soldered a Serial GPS receiver to main board, now I can run IGO Primo GPS app on my SD card, using external GPS receiver mounted on dashboard.
    Replacing RNS 510 with RCD 330+-2017-10-19-13-02-59-jpgReplacing RNS 510 with RCD 330+-2017-10-19-13-04-28-jpgReplacing RNS 510 with RCD 330+-2018-01-15-08-13-01-jpgReplacing RNS 510 with RCD 330+-2018-01-15-08-12-46-jpg

******I have follow all these instructions from a Russian forum, all credits should belongs to them.

Please NOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This works ONLY for 6RD 035 187 A , Desay (WIN CE) revision Radio.

If you don’t read all the instructions and / OR Brick your Radio, YOU are the only one to Blame.

If things started to go south, I don’t know how to help you (So....... you are on your own),
    as I have read these instructions more than 10 times and all the changes have introduced progressively and previous experience with stuffing around my OLD MIO gps have helped me with this.

I do not wish to disrespect or question your wisdom!!, but if you have a no clue of what you are doing, there is a high likelihood of your will Cook or Brick the Radio while updating or soldering.

I don’t want the moderator to ban me form this forum with posting incorrect or false information. So..... Again, if you stuff things up, you are on your own.

Links-

All modifications done to RCD330 Radio
    RCD330g Plus Desay - ?????????? - 4PDA..

Simple write-up; how to Exit radio’s Windows CE desktop.

RCD330G Plus "Desay" Разблокировка mirrorlink — бортжурнал Volkswagen Polo Sedan in the soul Hatchback 2012 года на DRIVE2

Once you are in WinCE Desktop, you could change things to your likings,

ie- Add alternative menu,
    Add scripts to run alternative menu without going to Windows every time (holding MEDA button)
    Add or change paths to your Windows CE compatible navigation program (in my case IGO Primo)

If you have successfully ran the Crack patch to update Radio’s main shell, using updated NAVI option,
    with Long press of SETUP button should take you to Windows Desktop.

I have found lots of People asking for help to recover their Bricked radio at the begging of Windows CE exit process, they simply didn’t read the instructions and pressed the wrong options.

Replacing RNS 510 with RCD 330+-update-option-jpg

Hope this helps,
    All credits to both Russian forums.
    Last edited by Lasa911; 25-01-2018 at 09:09 AM. Reason: add instructions

Users Country Flag
    That's killer!

Can you link the russian forum please?

Users Country Flag
    Hi. Sorry this is my first real post on this forum but is anyone able to help me (and the auto electrician!) with how to get an aftermarket RVC working with the RCD 330.

I've had the auto electrician install the following into my 2010 VW multivan but no luck with showing a camera picture:

Volkswagen RCD330 Aux/USB/Bluetooth Radio for Amarok Caddy Golf Passat Tiguan | eBay

Volkswagen MIB II RCD330 Universal Camera for Amarok Caddy MultiVan Transporter | eBay

The unit is coded for the camera, but the camera only has the cable shown and not another 'trigger' cable. Unfortunately no manual or instructions came with it.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. I've seen references to 8 second delay timers but thought that was for the OEM cameras.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Dave

Users Country Flag
    Hi Unners

I'm going to do my best here and say, a $50 camera with no instructions is not going to give you much joy. That said, I can't comment on your budget etc.

How does the camera get power? Is it to the red plug?

It shouldn't need a trigger wire, that's only for the pop-up badge cameras, so they open to allow the camera to activate.

I believe it should just need constant 12V, and connect the yellow RCA cable to the headunit. This will require an adapter to connect the RCA plug to the two CVBS+ and CVBS- pins on the headunit. You may have to buy one separately.

The Headunit will enable the camera on the screen when you put it in reverse.

Hope that helps.

Users Country Flag
    Unners stated its an after market RVC so likely already just a composite connection, not RGBS (so no converter needed).

Was your RVC an existing one connected and working with a previous head unit? If so what head unit was it?

If it's a newly installed RVC along with the RCD330g, then it should be connected to constant 12v (and ground) via a digital delay relay to the 12v reverse light. This will trigger power to the RVC on engaging reverse, then leave power running to the camera after you change out of reverse, so that the camera will still be powered if you go back into reverse again (eg during a parking manouvre) and not freak out the head unit which can get confused if it doesn't work.
    Last edited by kamold; 29-01-2018 at 03:38 PM.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    No worries benough, thanks for the quick reply!

I'm not hoping for anything too spectacular with the camera, but it was sold with the head unit and sample shots look fine. Happy to upgrade to something better down the track once I get this working.

It did come with the adapter, and all plugged in ok but just comes up with a "the rear view camera system is not available" message at the moment.

Thanks again.

Cheers

Dave

Users Country Flag
    Thanks kamold! That's a big help.

There was no existing RVC as it's replacing a RCD310 unit. Seemed like the cheapest way to get a RVC and bluetooth which are all I'm really after.

From reading up it might be that a digital delay relay is what is missing as it is hooked up to the reverse lights for power. I was hoping it may not be required as was told the unit was just plug and play.

Cheers

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Unners stated its an after market RVC so likely already just a composite connection, not RGBS (so no converter needed).

Was your RVC an existing one connected and working with a previous head unit? If so what head unit was it?

If it a newly installed RVC along with the RCD330g, then it should be connected to constant 12v with a digital delay relay to the 12v reverse light. This will trigger power to the RVC on engaging reverse, then leave power running to the camera after you change out of reverse, so that the camera will still be powered if you go back into reverse again (eg during a parking manouvre) and not freak out the head unit which can get confused if it doesn't work.

Hi Unners,

I have read in this forum (I cant remember where), you need a delay timer connected to Camera,
    sequence was explained below.
    1-First CAN send information to RCD with Reverse engaged,
    2-Camera delay circuit takes the signal from reverse Light and start the camera with a slight delay and stay on for little while even after reverse is disengaged.

PS-(post specifically mentioned, Constant 12v to camera is causing a error and camera have to start after RCD have seen the CAN command)

some how delay timer was involved; but can't recall where.
    hope this help,

Las

Page 34 of 55 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast