Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacing RNS 510 with RCD 330+

Users Country Flag

Replacing RNS 510 with RCD 330+

Quote Originally Posted by golf2001 View Post
    I wasn't aware you could upgrade the Bluetooth module easily (are you talking about adding a new module (9w7) and VCDS coding)? Also how would I go about getting the GPS fixed?
    Sounds to me that you have a basic Bluetooth module if it only lets you answer and hang up the phone. The 9w7 will give you that functionality plus full streaming capability on an RNS- and RCD-510. It should just be an matter of replacing one for the other and a bit of coding.

Did your car have GPS from the factory? Sounds to me like something has gone wrong with either the antenna or the RNS-510. Have you tried rebooting the head unit? If that hasn’t worked, perhaps a firmware upgrade or antenna set replacement would do the trick.
    Daily: 2010 Tiguan TDI | Candy White | Manual | 4MOTION | New York Wheels | Comfort Pack | Tinted Windows | Discover Media | MkVI MFSW | Mk7 Climatronic | RVC | Fog Lights | ECB Nudge Bar | Hella 160 Driving Lights | Rola RBXL135 Cross Bars | To Do: Colour MFD
    Toy: 2008 GTI Pirelli | Sunflower Yellow | 3 Door | DSG | Pirelli Wheels | RNS-510 | 9W7 Bluetooth | RVC | Rear Sensors | Fog Lights | To Do: Mk7 Climatronics, MkVI MFSW, Colour MFD

Quote Originally Posted by arcadelt View Post
    Sounds to me that you have a basic Bluetooth module if it only lets you answer and hang up the phone. The 9w7 will give you that functionality plus full streaming capability on an RNS- and RCD-510. It should just be an matter of replacing one for the other and a bit of coding.

Did your car have GPS from the factory? Sounds to me like something has gone wrong with either the antenna or the RNS-510. Have you tried rebooting the head unit? If that hasn’t worked, perhaps a firmware upgrade or antenna set replacement would do the trick.
    Yeah the basic Bluethooth module from factory and yes it did have the GPS from factory. I have tried rebooting, system reset & it was unpowered for a couple of days and it doesn't change anything. But thanks for that I will look into it.

Users Country Flag

Replacing RNS 510 with RCD 330+

- does the RCD330 work with OEM reverse camera and sensors? Yes I have the oem camera and it works great. You need an adaptor and if you are handy with electrical work (I wasn’t) it is pretty straightforward.
    - does the RCD330 work with Dynaudio? Yes- over at mk6 forum all they had to do was disconnect and connect their battery for it to work
    - I assume it's a direct plug and play? Yes mostly, VCDS coding is pretty easy.
    - I assume GPS is redundant with carplay/android play? Was skeptical about apple maps but if you are in a major city, works perfectly
    - can you get a unit that does both android and apple? (Work phone is iPhone and personal is Samsung)

Head over to the golfmk6.com forum, they have a pretty epic thread and a number of people have changes from RNS510 to this. I highly recommend it- Bluetooth quality and functionality is fantastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Past - 2006 Mk5 R32, 2012 R56 Mini Cooper S
    Current - 2010 Mk6 GTi - Build Thread

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristanmin View Post
    No worries!

Btw, I found on another forum. This head unit is called RCD340. Check it out here.

YouTube

Looks good, its got android auto! Wonder if this will work straight away like the rcd330 swap?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by jobski View Post
    Looks good, its got android auto! Wonder if this will work straight away like the rcd330 swap?
    By right it should. But you might need VCDS to enable back cam and OPS if you have.

Hey, really interested in the RCD330G/340? Android Audio for our 2009 TDI Tiguan.
    Recently I was introduced to auto' tech' Ford Sync2 in my Focus Mk3 RS and kinda like the features (even though Sync2 is actually *****e).

Couple of questions I'm unclear about having read this and plenty of the linked threads.

I've seen some small display units with CD - does anyone know traps here for young (old) players. Too Old Skool???
    Is the car wired for a reversing camera with the boggo 310? system or will I have to run (or pay to run) new cable?
    I'm unclear if the 330G/340 has navigation (I think it might) or that isn't an issue because Google Maps is available?
    Does the units radio work with Aust radio frequencies?
    Car is probably on the battery drain cusp age - how do I confirm the need for a battery anti drain thingy?

Cheers
    Last edited by ethosguy; 05-10-2017 at 10:23 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenalroc View Post
    - does the RCD330 work with OEM reverse camera and sensors? Yes I have the oem camera and it works great. You need an adaptor and if you are handy with electrical work (I wasn’t) it is pretty straightforward.
    - does the RCD330 work with Dynaudio? Yes- over at mk6 forum all they had to do was disconnect and connect their battery for it to work
    - I assume it's a direct plug and play? Yes mostly, VCDS coding is pretty easy.
    - I assume GPS is redundant with carplay/android play? Was skeptical about apple maps but if you are in a major city, works perfectly
    - can you get a unit that does both android and apple? (Work phone is iPhone and personal is Samsung)

Head over to the golfmk6.com forum, they have a pretty epic thread and a number of people have changes from RNS510 to this. I highly recommend it- Bluetooth quality and functionality is fantastic

Hey arsenalroc I had a question on how you connected the rear view camera.
    I have an OEM camera on my tiguan and purchased a rgb to cvbs adapter but cant get it to work. I have tried everything from what others have said and I cant get it. Do you have any tips. This is the one i purchased:

Volkswagen Factory Backup Camera RGB to RCA Video Output Converter

I am thinking it may just be the adapter is bad. Do you have a link to the one you used?

Thanks in advanced

Some answers to your questions in red below.

Quote Originally Posted by ethosguy View Post
    Hey, really interested in the RCD330G/340? Android Audio for our 2009 TDI Tiguan.
    Recently I was introduced to auto' tech' Ford Sync2 in my Focus Mk3 RS and kinda like the features (even though Sync2 is actually *****e).

Couple of questions I'm unclear about having read this and plenty of the linked threads.

I've seen some small display units with CD - does anyone know traps here for young (old) players. Too Old Skool??? Check post 80 by greyhamism - 6RD 035 187 B is the more expensive one as far as I know there are no RCD330 with CD players
    Is the car wired for a reversing camera with the boggo 310? system or will I have to run (or pay to run) new cable? If you have a factory camera, you will need to buy an adaptor (26 Pin RGB to CVBS AV) a lot of the aliexpress vendors will include this with the purchase of the head unit
    I'm unclear if the 330G/340 has navigation (I think it might) or that isn't an issue because Google Maps is available? No navigation with these units, the idea is you use CarPlay or Android Auto and use Apple Maps or Google Maps
    Does the units radio work with Aust radio frequencies? Most that I have seen work the full FM frequency for Australia, some people have reported that their AM frequencies don't work or don't work well
    Car is probably on the battery drain cusp age - how do I confirm the need for a battery anti drain thingy? Notes from most of the suppliers - "If you have a car before 2008 model year, you will need to replace the CAN gateway to avoid battery drain" there was a note in this thread about if you CANBUS ends or starts with 'Q' you should be ok, but as my car is outside of the problem area I haven't researched it at all

Cheers

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by golf2001 View Post
    Some answers to your questions in red below.
    Thanks for your reply.

Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast