Support VWWC

Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacing RNS 510 with RCD 330+

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    I have no idea of the history. Normally you should not have to be swapping pins around.
    But you need to do whatever you can to restore communication to the infotainment bus from the CAN gateway.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    Or my CAN gateway version is low?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    If you are installing a discover media that uses address 5f theb you need a newer gateway software but I think 330g uses address 56 radio.
    What if you put your rns back in?

Last edited by kamold; 26-09-2017 at 01:04 PM.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    If you are installing a discover media that uses address 5f theb you need a newer gateway software but I think 330g uses address 56 radio.
    What if you put your rns back in?

I see. I sold my RNS. Hehe!
    I will try put back original can gateway to see working or not. Will let you know. Thanks!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristanmin View Post
    I see. I sold my RNS. Hehe!
    I will try put back original can gateway to see working or not. Will let you know. Thanks!

Changed back to original can gateway and still the same. If I unchecked 56.Radio from can gateway, there is any error on can gateway.

Now I have no idea why gateway is not talking to Radio if checked in gateway installation list. From other hand, time and temperature are showing correctly on head unit which mean there is communication from gateway to radio. I am very confused.

Do I need canbus decoder?

Users Country Flag
    You need to tick address 56 radio. Not untick it.

2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    You need to tick address 56 radio. Not untick it.

Yes I understand. What I meant is if with tick, can gateway is throwing the error which is in my previous post.

But if I untick, there is no error and radio is still showing temperature and time correctly.

Users Country Flag
    Sounds like there is something wrong with the unit if you can't communicate with it.

Users Country Flag
    Sounds like there is something wrong with the unit if you can't communicate with it.

Hmmm! I am not quite sure that one since I do not have any friend with VW to test out.

Thanks kamold!

Users Country Flag
    Most other reports I have read say that the rcd330 install was a 5 minute plug and play job and it just worked.

Users Country Flag

Most other reports I have read say that the rcd330 install was a 5 minute plug and play job and it just worked.

Yeah. Mine is working well except OPS and back cam. Both need to activate via VCDS. That is where I stuck. Invested so much on this and nothing is working

Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast