Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455

Thread: Replacing RNS 510 with RCD 330+

Quote Originally Posted by brane_klc View Post
    Hi Jakeys,
    did you solve the brightness problem with RCD 330?
    Hello, any success fixing the brightness issue?

I have a 2013 Tiguan and looking to retrofit a reverse camera and replace RCD510 with Appleplay. Whats the difference between 3G0919605D and 5G6919605B and which is the best unit I can choose?
    Are most of the RCD330's Chinese copies?

Users Country Flag
    Does anyone know an RCD330+ and VW flip badge RVC seller and/or installer in Sydney?
    MY08 Golf GT Sport - Current
    2013 Scirocco R - Sold 2020

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisvw View Post
    Does anyone know an RCD330+ and VW flip badge RVC seller and/or installer in Sydney?
    It's very very easy to do your own install, the headunit itself is literally one piece of trim, four screws and a couple of connectors on the back of the head unit. It really is something anyone can do with a little patience.

The camera is a little more involved, but here is me putting it into my Mk6 Cab. This is the OEM camera, but the process is much the same for the RCA based version:
    Success! RVC install into MK6 Cab

On headunit, I think the RCD340 is the current version, not in Sydney, but an Australia seller, They also sell a flip camera and other bits you might need.
    VW 6.5" Original MIB RCD340 Android Auto CarPlay Stereo 6RD 035 187 B - Version B

All of these bits are available cheaper from places like Aliexpress (which likely don't come with a lot of support) and you need to be careful on which particular model you are getting since there seems to be a bunch of slightly different variants.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag
    Anyone know a reliable seller of non-clone RCD-330's? Looking to upgrade the RCD310 in a recently acquired 2010 manual Golf - and will do the rear USB soldering mod etc. but want a decent OEM quality unit to start with.

Above Euroupgrades site has gone under.

I looked at Alitexpress and Fleabay but both make it very unclear whether they're OEM.. I can look at the visual cues but not sure how accurate the clones are vs a real 187B.
    MY10 Golf 118tsi Comfortline Manual
    (and other europeaon cars)

Users Country Flag
    What about VWCentral? VW 6.5" RCD330 Plus 6RD035187B (No Name) Radio for VW Golf MK5 MK6 Scirocco R Tiguan Passat Polo Caddy

And I would suggest avoiding this place. RCD340G Android Auto & Apple CarPlay Headunit - GENUINE - 2006-2012 VW – Euro Parts Haus

Quote Originally Posted by xlot View Post
    Anyone know a reliable seller of non-clone RCD-330's?
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by xlot View Post
    Anyone know a reliable seller of non-clone RCD-330's? Looking to upgrade the RCD310 in a recently acquired 2010 manual Golf - and will do the rear USB soldering mod etc. but want a decent OEM quality unit to start with.

Above Euroupgrades site has gone under.

I looked at Alitexpress and Fleabay but both make it very unclear whether they're OEM.. I can look at the visual cues but not sure how accurate the clones are vs a real 187B.
    Link still works Seems they have renamed and moved on the Sunny Coast Euro Car Electronics - Euro Car Electronics store
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag

Thanks - for some reason I was getting server not found the other day so figured they'd folded. Can't find the 330 on their site, but pretty close to just buying from rcd330.com - free shipping and guaranteed to be original OEM and not a clone.

Update: Bought - Cost me $660 including the rear USB mod and cable/port and shipping, plus they'll code it to deactivate the camera function.
    Last edited by xlot; 09-09-2023 at 12:07 AM.
    MY10 Golf 118tsi Comfortline Manual
    (and other europeaon cars)

Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455