Page 10 of 55 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacing RNS 510 with RCD 330+

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Youdotinmymirror View Post
    Is this the same as the one being sold on Aliexpress? It shows the back of the unit and it seems an origianl VW part.

Access Denied
    Yes it appears to be the 187B version that hasCarPlay from factory.

Quote Originally Posted by AHSIRT2 View Post
    Sorry i should have been a little more specific.

I was considering getting an iPod to fit in the center console as the cable for the MDI isn't long enough and keeps disconnecting with my iPhone 7+ so i couldn't consistently keep it connected.

Getting the RCD330+ would be on par if not cheaper than the iPod option and provide more function IMO.

Presently i have to manually change song on my phone and all it will take is one fine for using my phone while driving for this to pay for itself so id rather just avoid that all together and grab one.
    Are you using an original Apple cable with youiPhone? lots of people seem to be reporting that using third party cables withanything that passes media over the lightning port ie MDI/CarPlay makes for avery patchy connection. Otherwise yes the RCD330+'s are a great budget upgrade,but depending on what unit/gen. of car you've got you may end up losing somefeatures. Refer to the summary i put up a page or so back : Replacing RNS 510 with RCD 330+

Quote Originally Posted by Mk R View Post
    I'm quite interested in this but the idea of a cable running down the front horrifies me. The best right angled usb cable i've found so far is the nonda ZUS right angled USB cable, which would need running back into the dash. Still not ideal. Surely there is some sort of flush USB cable or plug out there that could go straight down and back in while sitting flush. Anyone seen anything like that?
    I currently have a right angled USB cable (angled both on the full sized A side and the USB C side) and it ends up looking pretty neat with my phone mounted to an airvent mount above the unit. If you reeeaaaally dont want to have a front mounted USB you could mod a rear-access port like so : Разули RCD330+ ッ. Подключение заднего USB на RCD330+ — бортжурнал Volkswagen Tiguan ッ Black Edition 2015 года на DRIVE2 and run said por to you glovebox or even a modified factory USB plug above your shifter.

Quote Originally Posted by neosten View Post
    Hi, can anyone confirm if it's possible to have one phone connected as Bluetooth handsfree and another one (Android) with mirrorlink at the same time.
    My main phone isn't mirrorlink compatible but I have a galaxy which is compatible with mirrorlink and it would be great to use it for apps like Google maps and Waze.
    Regards.
    I dont have any first hand experience with a situation like yours, but i do know that the unit seems to be able to differentiate between a Phone and a Media Connection over bluetooth. Whether or not this can be applied in a situation with MirrorLink im am unsure, as MirrorLink uses bluetooth to handle its audio streaming and probably its Phone capabilities as well. Might be able to get my hands on a second phone to test, will update further if i get a chance
    2004 MK4 R32 - Reflex Silver - KW V3 - AdvanSport V105 - Colour Matched RCN210
    2012 up! 3Door - Tornado Red - More details soon…

That would be great. Thank you

Thanks greyhamism, appreciate the reply. The USB fix looks doable. I've looked into it further and it turns out TomTom Go on iOS is not supported by CarPlay and Apple Maps navigation is so bad it's unusable. That would've been the biggest motivator to getting this upgrade. Think i'm going to hold off until CarPlay takes more Apps.

Users Country Flag
    Hey Guys,

I am planning to get a rcd330 187b soon but wanted to know if a couple of things:
    1. Do I need to buy a ISO to Quadlock adaptor
    2. I have an OEM flip rear camera - do I need a delay switch on it? I know I need an adaptor but not sure if I need a delay switch?

I have a 2010 mk6 gti with rcd510 in it currently

Users Country Flag
    Hi guys, just wondering how you'd go getting the stock Reverse camera on a 2011 Passat V6 working on one of these? Does FM radio work too?

Also apparently you need a CANGATE gateway for Passat's? Does anyone have a link to this? Cheers!
    Last edited by gavrook; 28-07-2017 at 01:00 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by gavrook View Post
    Hi guys, just wondering how you'd go getting the stock Reverse camera on a 2011 Passat V6 working on one of these? Does FM radio work too?

Also apparently you need a CANGATE gateway for Passat's? Does anyone have a link to this? Cheers!
    You could connect the camera directly to the headunit, bypassing the rvc module. This way you have a composite signal from the camera but you lose the bending guidelines.
    Otherwise you will need an rgbs to composite video converter to get the signal correct for the new head unit.
    No need to change the canbus gateway.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Awesome thanks for that, found the RGBS to composite adapter at the start of this thread.

Only other thing is apparently this doesn't work with DynAudio systems??? At least that's what the panicked "NO NO NO" response from the AliExpress Seller i messaged seem to indicate.

Users Country Flag
    Yeah I'm not sure it can be coded to switch output to correctly match Dynaudio amp you'd be on your own there.
    You could use a line out converter but that would match the VW soundsystem amp setup not dynaudio.
    I have dynaudio which is one reason why I'm going discover media (shipping today from Europe can't wait!)

2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Seems to be a lot of people here getting it working with the DynAudio systems, they just needed to disconnect and reconnect the battery New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay - VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Dunno if Golf system is any different to Passat but thinking for how cheap they are i might just give it a go

EDIT: just read mirrorlink doesn't work with google maps or play music. There goes that idea!
    Last edited by gavrook; 28-07-2017 at 08:46 PM.

Users Country Flag

The golf dynaudio amp is the same as the basic Passat 250w amp. So I wouldn't use that as a confirmation.
    It will probably work but not sure what the sound will be like as I don't actually know what the difference is with the inputs only that they are distinct and the proper 600w Passat dynaudio system sounds awesome so you don't want to wreck that

Page 10 of 55 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast