Support VWWC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RCD510 installed on 08 R32, cant get my bluetooth to work again???

Users Country Flag

Yeah the problem is that the egotalk is not registered on the cangateway therefore if telephone module is enabled,a faultcode will come up.

Posted using Tapatalk
    2008 Passat 3.2 Wagon |
    2002 A3 1.8T | APR Stage 1| APR Downpipe | APR dogbone | Diesel Geek Shifter | TT pedals | Forge DV | Saikou Michi OCC | NewSouth Boost Gauge | AVUS Rims | Whiteline Rear Swaybar & ALK | N75J | BMC CDA | APR TIP & TB Hose |

O/T: but was the install painful? inexpensive? Im thinking of upgrading mine but dunno if i can be bothered or not.. The units are pretty cheap now.
    MKV GTI

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Nah the install was quite easy there is plenty of videos and how tos and it quite basic took me about 45mins for the whole process.
    09 MKV R32> Haldex 2> ECS Tuning Delete> Cupra R Lip> Blacked Out> Gallardo Black Wheels> Tow Hook> Black Badging>RCD510

Users Country Flag
    Did you ever get this resolved?

I am looking to upgrade to a RCD510 but cbf if i need to replace the BT as well (i am using EGO TALK).

Quote Originally Posted by lankfert View Post
    Did you ever get this resolved?

I am looking to upgrade to a RCD510 but cbf if i need to replace the BT as well (i am using EGO TALK).
    Just been mucking around with going from rcd500 to rcd510 with a parrot bluetooth. The phone still sees the Ego bluettooth and can connect but it doesn't work - no sound, no mic. I think the way out of issues is to buy a newer BT module.

Users Country Flag

RCD510 installed on 08 R32, cant get my bluetooth to work again???

From what I have seen, there could be either coding or a mod done to the loom/connector to get it to work.

I'll see if I can find the link and post it up.

My BT isn't that great anyway but I CBF installing a new one.

Bringing up a thread from the past but does anyone know if there is an easy way to tell which Bluetooth module I have in my car? I am unsure if its a VW one or EGO, and I'm about to buy an RCD510 but don't know if ill go down that route if it means I will have to replace the BT module.

What I can tell you is it is an MY08 GTI, it has the full screen MFD. It has the phone button on the steering wheel which when you hold down for 10 seconds brings up VWUHF on my phone as a BT device, I can answer and hang up calls only from that button on the steering wheel. The stock rcd500 has no phone buttons and no way of controlling the phone when paired. My gut tells me its an early genuine VW BT module, perhaps Volk L, which from what ive read on this thread will require some vag coding to work with an RCD510.
    Last edited by jessv3; 11-01-2015 at 12:03 AM.
    MKV GTI

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12