Support VWWC

Thread: A question about nav on the RNS510

Users Country Flag

A question about nav on the RNS510

Hi all im a new vw golf owner and having my 118tsi suppied with a RNS310 i sourced a RNS510 from ebay with v3 maps , now i have a question about the nav im hoping some one can help me with , my maps are on a cd-rom ans if i eject the disc it comes with an message about not being able to calc the route , now i thought the maps were stored on the internal 30gig hdd ???? am i wrong ??? if im not how do you store to the hdd . cheers john
    MY10 Black 118TSI Golf , 6sp Man , RNS510 LED , Superchips Stage 1 , 9W7 BT , MDI , RVC , R32 18" Rims , R32 brakes front & rear , Full leather interior , GTI Steering Wheel , GTI pedals, GTI shifter with sigma 6 , THS engine mounts , Eibach 30mm lower springs , APR Carbon induction , Miltek turbo back 2.5 SS + loads more !! its now a 155TSI ish !!

can only help with the first bit.
    yes they are loaded onto the harddrive so that you dont need the disc in there all the time.
    how to do that? that's the bit i cant help with as they were loaded onto mine for me during delivery.
    1974 1300 Beetle, 1997 Golf GL, 2003 New Beetle Cabrio, 2014 Audi A4 quattro

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by blutopless2 View Post
    can only help with the first bit.
    yes they are loaded onto the harddrive so that you dont need the disc in there all the time.
    how to do that? that's the bit i cant help with as they were loaded onto mine for me during delivery.

thanks for that blutopless2 , hope some can enlighten me to the next step as i only have the cd option at the moment !
    MY10 Black 118TSI Golf , 6sp Man , RNS510 LED , Superchips Stage 1 , 9W7 BT , MDI , RVC , R32 18" Rims , R32 brakes front & rear , Full leather interior , GTI Steering Wheel , GTI pedals, GTI shifter with sigma 6 , THS engine mounts , Eibach 30mm lower springs , APR Carbon induction , Miltek turbo back 2.5 SS + loads more !! its now a 155TSI ish !!

It should automatically prompt you on inserting your disc. Maybe post this on vwnavi for the experts to answer.