Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Map updates - Discover Pro

Users Country Flag

Map updates - Discover Pro

Just wondering if anyone has used the map updates available at navigation.com

This appears to be a factory-supported distribution point, but before I go updating I was interested if anyone had any information on this provider.
    Cheers

Users Country Flag
    That's the official VW update portal.
    Or you can use the new DiscoverCare tool on the UK website which does some of the steps for you as was found by superuser DV52:
    Discover Navigation | Navigation & Entertainment | Volkswagen UK
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Good info, thanks dude

I've already downloaded the compressed package (100mbs FTTP has to be good for something, right?), so will pop it onto an SD card and trial it on my wifes car before updating mine
    Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Just make sure you have the correct package as the update is different for Discover Media (7GB) compared to Discover Pro (20GB).
    If you have the wrong one it won't find anything on the card to update...
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Thanks for the tip mate. Thankfully we have pro in both our cars, so hopefully reduces the chances of user-error
    Cheers

Users Country Flag
    May 2017 Updates available; VW_APAC_Pro_MIB2_New

Has anyone actually done this?
    Does it take the 4hrs to update on the car as stated?
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag
    I have completed the download and have on an SD Card ready to complete tomorrow.

My current version is VO39598O1E OO49 ROW 2015/2016 (as per what is in the car now).

I was getting worried when the files were being copied over to the SD Card as it was coming up with Argentina / South Africa etc. (a well Australia) - then I realised it was for ROW - Rest of World, so should be ok?

Am I missing something here, is there a way to back up what I already have?
    As I have no SD Card with this sat nav details on?
    Is it just pre-installed on the hard drive of the Discover Pro?
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag
    Yes you just overwrite what is on the flash storage on your discover pro unit you can't back up your current maps.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I did the updates last night on both cars. Took a few minutes per vehicle. In the update tool I elected to only download the Aus/NZ update package - I can't see either of my vehicles being used abroad during my period of ownership

Total size of the update package was ~800MB on the SD card. My wifes Passat (B8 Comfortline) was V 2016, my Alltrack Wolfsburg was V2017, however the update still applied as the software on the card was newer than what was on the vehicle.

No differences noticed thus far, but I am now happy to know that latest map data is applied to both vehicles.

Such a simple process (THANK YOU VW!) that my intention at this stage is to perform the update on the 6-monthly release cycle of the updated software versions.
    Cheers

Users Country Flag

That's good to know that the tool doesn't make you download the whole row2 map set.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast