Thread: Installed Blackvue 2ch w/ Magic Pro -> Right hand door locks starting to play up?

Installed Blackvue 2ch w/ Magic Pro -> Right hand door locks starting to play up?

Hi all,

Having a strange issue and not sure if it's just a coincidence or if I have done something wrong...

A couple of months ago I installed a Blackvue 750s-2ch in my mk5 golf gt tdi. Install seemed to have gone well, I picked 2 fuses for the magic pro based on a multimeter test, and it was all working (and the camera still works fine). However after the install I started having issues with the doors on the right hand side.

- When using the FOB to unlock, my right rear door does not unlock.
    - When using the FOB to unlock, my right drivers door SOMETIMES unlocks (like 50% of the time)
    - When using the FOB to lock, my right drivers door SOMETIMES locks (like 50% of the time)

However!
    If I use the controls on the driver side (the buttons to lock and unlock), and I lock and unlock from there, all doors work perfectly.

Does anyone know what might be going on here? I thought it could be the motor, but isn't it strange to happen all of the sudden on both, and yet still work with the buttons inside?

Could it be the fuses I chose?

central coast. Lake Macquarie. (Not Port Macquarie.)
    How much you pay for the blackvue

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by vraptor View Post
    Hi all,

Having a strange issue and not sure if it's just a coincidence or if I have done something wrong...

A couple of months ago I installed a Blackvue 750s-2ch in my mk5 golf gt tdi. Install seemed to have gone well, I picked 2 fuses for the magic pro based on a multimeter test, and it was all working (and the camera still works fine). However after the install I started having issues with the doors on the right hand side.

- When using the FOB to unlock, my right rear door does not unlock.
    - When using the FOB to unlock, my right drivers door SOMETIMES unlocks (like 50% of the time)
    - When using the FOB to lock, my right drivers door SOMETIMES locks (like 50% of the time)

However!
    If I use the controls on the driver side (the buttons to lock and unlock), and I lock and unlock from there, all doors work perfectly.

Does anyone know what might be going on here? I thought it could be the motor, but isn't it strange to happen all of the sudden on both, and yet still work with the buttons inside?

Could it be the fuses I chose?
    Which ones did you choose and how did you terminate the wires at the fuses.

You should have used these and not used any safety oriented fuses Like airbags. In fact in most VW vehicles the empty fuse slots have power to one side of them and you can put the addafuse in there and get power
    I used these fuses which I got from Jaycar and they are in spare slots and have been working for 4 years ok I have a DR750S in the front and a DR450HD in the rear and dont have any problems Pic is from the 750 You can read the plate easily
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 22-01-2018 at 09:02 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by neil View Post
    How much you pay for the blackvue
    Autobarn sell them now so wait for their 20% off sales and buy one then.
    I got a 750S 1 ch and a PMP for $300 pre xmas and a DR450 for $187 on Boxing day

750 2 ch $599 ATM

$579 here free postage and I can sell you a new Power magic for $25 plus postage Only diff to a PMPro is it doesnt have an off switch which you dont really need anyway and has better time options for cutoff

BlackVue Dash Cam Range | DASH CAMS AUSTRALIA
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 22-01-2018 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Which ones did you choose and how did you terminate the wires at the fuses.

You should have used these and not used any safety oriented fuses Like airbags. In fact in most VW vehicles the empty fuse slots have power to one side of them and you can put the addafuse in there and get power
    I used these fuses which I got from Jaycar and they are in spare slots and have been working for 4 years ok I have a DR750S in the front and a DR450HD in the rear and dont have any problems Pic is from the 750 You can read the plate easily
    I did use those fusetaps from Jaycar.

One fuse spot was empty and I used that (for the turned on power).

One fuse spot i tapped, it didn't have a number reference in my car manual, so I am not sure what it is for. But I used the fuse tap and added the extra fuse. I can't seem to find an accurate fuse map for my specific car.

Users Country Flag
    I did use those fusetaps from Jaycar.

One fuse spot was empty and I used that (for the turned on power).

One fuse spot i tapped, it didn't have a number reference in my car manual, so I am not sure what it is for. But I used the fuse tap and added the extra fuse. I can't seem to find an accurate fuse map for my specific car.
    Thats good but you should have been able to find a spare always on one as well. Just be aware that some stay live for up to 30 mins so I hook the meter on and go away for a while and come back to check.
    Is hard to find fuse plans I agree.
    Try to find an always on spare and see if it makes any difference

It could also be pure coincidence.

Have a good look at the wires where they cross from body to door — they can fatigue crack and make intermittent contact, the symptoms are pretty much what you describe.

Hi all,

Wouldn't it be easy to eliminate the cameras as the cause of the issue simply by disconnecting them from the power source?
    If the problem disappears, the cameras are the issue, if not, it's something else.

Cheers

George
    06 Jetta 2.0TFSI Killed by a Lexus!
    09 Eos 2.0TSI DSG Loved this car but has now gone to a new home!!
    14 EOS 2.0 TSI has arrived!