Support VWWC

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Group buy: RVC low for Passat, Tiguan, Octavia?

Users Country Flag

Group buy: RVC low for Passat, Tiguan, Octavia?

Hi All,
    I am considering having a crack at installing an OEM-style RVC low kit.

Chinese camera kit

Firstly, I have no confirmation that this will actually work, or for what models, so only for tinkerers. In theory this should work with RNS510, RCD310 and RCD510. It appears to be the same as this kit:

Carsystems Product
    This is the camera style that replaces the boot release handle.

Basically if I can find two other brave souls willing to cut their fingers open and swear a lot running the cable under their trim and carpet, we can get the kits for ~$105US plus shipping.

Anyone interested?
    Last edited by kamold; 27-09-2012 at 03:27 PM. Reason: correction
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

I'm interested - not in the cut fingers bit though.

Looks like it replaces the boot handle (not licencse plate light) which is same as OEM.

Will it work with RCD310? I didn't think these units have 1) an input for RVC 2) capability to display images. Just taken an RCD310 out of my Tiguan and definitely didn't have an RVC input.

If anyone with an RCD510 is considering this upgrade they should check if they have the 26 pin RVC connector on the back of the RCD510. Only higher end Bosch units have this connector. Lower function RCD510's won't have an RVC input - check it out first before you get disappointed. You may have to pull your head unit out to inspect - good practise anyway.

Can't say if all RNS units have the input but I suspect they all may (anyone???).

Last thing is I don't think it comes with "lines" - camera picture only. Would have to check if the Polish unit has the lines on the display or not but either way will save running over the kids bikes.
    Last edited by tigger73; 27-09-2012 at 02:25 PM.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Any unit which has the 26-pin multimedia connector would be compatible.

Sorry yes its the handle replacement version (original post corrected). Confused myself with too much researching...in the Octavia at least it may require the enlargement of the boot release handle hole in the boot metal from what I've read.
    Last edited by kamold; 27-09-2012 at 03:27 PM.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    It will come with some fixed lines like what is shown in the Tiguan VCDS tweaks post in the Tiguan forum. I think what Mr Xu is trying to say is that it is not the high line model with the moving track lines that are generated from the 6C park assist module.
    My RVC came from an eBay seller based in Taiwan and I suspect it came from the same factory/source as the wires are the same color as those shown on the Chinese seller's web page.

The RVC will fit in any Bosch RCD 510 unit made in 2010 and later. It will also fit in the "plus" version of the RCD 510 unit made by Delphi which sells for around the same price as the Bosch unit. However this unit does not have RDS but has an input for a USB cable which is iPod compatible and saves you installing an MDI module.

I recently bought two 9w2 BT units from an eBay seller in Sydney and these are identical to what Mr Xu is also selling as well.
    Last edited by Bambazonke; 27-09-2012 at 07:55 PM.

Users Country Flag
    In past 2 weeks, I've installed 3 reversing cameras, one into our Tiguan and 2 into Golf6. The installation is not hard, if you are able to follow the instructions and have some basic tools. I've also bought the advanced rvc for my daughter's Tig that is still on my desk. The advanced rvc install is not so DIY friendly, since there are big connectors on both ends of the wiring harnes and some complete trim removal is needed to put the wiring in the place. There are 4 wires 20cm from the 26pin connector that need to be connected somewhere behind the unit, +12V, 0Vneg, CAN H and CAN L, I'm still going through the wiring diagrams, so I connect them where they should be connected, since I hate when the things aren't done properly.

I took some pictures of the Tiguan install, where I've run the wiring through, and will take more pictures when I install the advanced rvc.

Just something to remember before you decide to buy advanced rvc, the rvc has to be calibrated using equipment, which you may not have.

Users Country Flag
    I had to connect the same 4 wires you have described above for the two BT units I installed last week. You may want to get the extractor tool set Tigger 73 tracked down on the net to extract the 4 existing wires out of the quad block it is a serious PITA to get them out in order to join them up

The calibration procedure is documented in Win Elsa and from the document I saw the module has default settings for Tiguan Touran etc. You just need to access it via VCDS

I will send you the "installation instructions" I got sent
    Last edited by Bambazonke; 29-09-2012 at 01:51 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Count me in, providing the handle will fit the Jetta that is.
    Graphite Blue TDI| DSG | Leather | Bi-Xenons | Custom LED inner tails | Black Forest TAI | OSIR Pod & New South Boost Gauge | Bluefin | Projector Fogs | RNS510 | Skoda Bluetooth | Eibach Pro kit Springs| Full LED interior|US GLI paddle shift MFSW|Carbon Vinyl wrapped trims|Colour Coded Votex Body Kit|

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Until we get them can't make any guarantees. Have a few people interested now so ill contact everyone individually this week with a view to putting an order in.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Users Country Flag
    I'm definitely interested, will take one for now.
    Last edited by Transporter; 29-09-2012 at 03:35 PM.

Hi guys

I am interested also but does anybody have any information about enlarging the boot lid opening for the Octavia VRS ?? I cant seem to see a thread with pictures describing how to do this anywhere?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast