Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Group buy: RVC low for Passat, Tiguan, Octavia?

Users Country Flag

...and I must say the picture looks good. It has more fish eye effect than the OEM camera but the colours look good and the resolution is not worst than the OEM rvc, it may even be slightly better. I will be fitting in in the RS Octavia next weekend.

Users Country Flag
    Well, the handle doesn't fit the Jetta, so if a Passat/Tig/Octavia owner in Melbourne (or anywhere else for that matter) is looking for one, PM me.
    Last edited by Buckets; 28-10-2012 at 08:17 PM.
    Graphite Blue TDI| DSG | Leather | Bi-Xenons | Custom LED inner tails | Black Forest TAI | OSIR Pod & New South Boost Gauge | Bluefin | Projector Fogs | RNS510 | Skoda Bluetooth | Eibach Pro kit Springs| Full LED interior|US GLI paddle shift MFSW|Carbon Vinyl wrapped trims|Colour Coded Votex Body Kit|

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Not sure when I'll get a chance to do mine, just too much going on at the moment.
    Good to see someone has already got it done.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    excellent. its a long way from the boot to the head unit. Did u have to cut any trim?
    Any chance of a shot of the camera fitted in the boot to see what it looks like?

Users Country Flag
    You don't need to cut any trim
    The camera is not visible when looking at the hatch.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckets View Post
    Well, the handle doesn't fit the Jetta, so if a Passat/Tig/Octavia owner in Melbourne (or anywhere else for that matter) is looking for one, PM me.
    PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by wingrove View Post
    excellent. its a long way from the boot to the head unit. Did u have to cut any trim?
    Any chance of a shot of the camera fitted in the boot to see what it looks like?
    Will have to post a photo next week as I won't have a chance to do it until then. It's hardly noticeable all you see is a little camera peeking out under the boot. The boot release handle is not so wide as a bit is now taken up with the camera.

It's the same as the OEM look so if you can find a picture in a brochure this is how it will turn out.

Interested if anyone has done one on an Octavia hatch, as that doesn't have a handle per se but has the touch button to release the boot.
    Al..
    2013 MY13.5 Passat V6 Highline Wagon. Watch this space
    GONE:2017 MY18 Skoda RS169 Wagon w/ Tech & Lux, 2007 VW MKV Golf GTi

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    Will have to post a photo next week as I won't have a chance to do it until then. It's hardly noticeable all you see is a little camera peeking out under the boot. The boot release handle is not so wide as a bit is now taken up with the camera.

It's the same as the OEM look so if you can find a picture in a brochure this is how it will turn out.
    It has a VAG part number it's a genuine Chinese VAG item so I would expect it to look OEM

Quote Originally Posted by DkN View Post
    It has a VAG part number it's a genuine Chinese VAG item so I would expect it to look OEM
    That's right its a genuine Chinese made part

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast