Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast

Thread: Firmware updates for European RNS510 units

I have an issue with deleting the folders from HDD, which is really annoying. Yesterday I upgraded FW to 5274 from 5270, but it did not format the drive. I tried to downgrade the FW yesterday to 5218, but it was not installed properly and gave an error. Installed back 5274. Now when I am attempting to delete any folder from HDD drive, the message with "deleting files" is stalling for a while and nothing happens.
    Looking for any solution.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by teymur88 View Post
    I have an issue with deleting the folders from HDD, which is really annoying. Yesterday I upgraded FW to 5274 from 5270, but it did not format the drive. I tried to downgrade the FW yesterday to 5218, but it was not installed properly and gave an error. Installed back 5274. Now when I am attempting to delete any folder from HDD drive, the message with "deleting files" is stalling for a while and nothing happens.
    Looking for any solution.
    You can't delete the last file it's a silly limitation.
    If you add another folder and file and then select that one first, then you can delete the one you don't want.
    The issue is it starts loading a file when you select it but don't play it, so I leaves an open handle to the file leaving you unable to delete it....
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    You can't delete the last file it's a silly limitation.
    If you add another folder and file and then select that one first, then you can delete the one you don't want.
    The issue is it starts loading a file when you select it but don't play it, so I leaves an open handle to the file leaving you unable to delete it....
    I tried to play media from USB flash card in order to not make a HDD active and delete the folder, did not work. Tried to play a file on HDD from one folder and delete another one, did not work. I even can't delete an empty folder.
    Would downgrade from 5274 to 4120 work? Shall I try this one?

Quote Originally Posted by teymur88 View Post
    I tried to play media from USB flash card in order to not make a HDD active and delete the folder, did not work. Tried to play a file on HDD from one folder and delete another one, did not work. I even can't delete an empty folder.
    Would downgrade from 5274 to 4120 work? Shall I try this one?
    No that won't help.
    If you want the HDD totally blank of music you need to format the partition with a firmware cd
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

No that won't help.
    If you want the HDD totally blank of music you need to format the partition with a firmware cd
    Ok,then as agreed I will wait for josi's format image from you. Unless you suggest any other fix...

Problem with RNS510 3C0--381B HW 004 SW2960

Hello everybody. would like to get some experts views.
    My RNS510 381B (japan) recently died and there's no text whatso ever on the menu. Sometimes it boots (without text) and sometimes it stucks whitescreen after boot image.
    I'm trying to load the many firmwares from 5238 josi down to 1100 factory and modified as well as SWL fix. nothing works except stuck at SWL error 010306.
    Is this HDD issue? I replaced a new same HDD but still the same. Some says it's the CD/DVD quality of the firmwares but i'm not sure. seems like its something else. maybe the firmware is not right for the Japan unit? appreciate your help and views. tq.

Quote Originally Posted by benzinkopf View Post
    Hello everybody. would like to get some experts views.
    My RNS510 381B (japan) recently died and there's no text whatso ever on the menu. Sometimes it boots (without text) and sometimes it stucks whitescreen after boot image.
    I'm trying to load the many firmwares from 5238 josi down to 1100 factory and modified as well as SWL fix. nothing works except stuck at SWL error 010306.
    Is this HDD issue? I replaced a new same HDD but still the same. Some says it's the CD/DVD quality of the firmwares but i'm not sure. seems like its something else. maybe the firmware is not right for the Japan unit? appreciate your help and views. tq.
    You need Japanese firmware.
    Can't help you with locating that unfortunately.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    kamold the host provide for you it open but it doesnt work i dont know why.
    i sended you a private mensage
    I have a volkswagen passat cc rns 510 i changed the HDD to SSD 64gb.
    1T0035680B
    Could you send me a link to uploud fw 3810 version 65/35/5 as you done please or other ratio that fits the maps on the SSD please

Hello,
    I have a SII from 2014 with a H21 Columbus 3T0 035 686 H. I upgraded from 6270 to 6276 when I got the car a few years ago. Now the Western Europe map v16 will not install anymore. My feeling is that the problem is the partition size. I am wondering whether I can use a downgrade to FW 4120 with a Europe partitioning which I found on this site and then upgrade again to 6276.
    Or alternatively are there any "custom" FW with a larger map partition?

If you are in the UK then you'll need a large map partition.
    I have an upgrade for 6276, but with a small map partition (for Aus/NZ). I don't have access to my tools I need to build a new one at the moment, but there are firmware images available that will just do a format of the partitions, just may need to enable firmware downgrade.
    Let us know if you are still having problems and I'll try and sort something out for you.
    Hello kamold,
    Reading through your post from a 2016 you mention a format of partitions. Would formatting the partitions also enable me to change sizes?

Does anyone have a link to RNS510 HDD formatting software please?

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast