Thread: Dumb Questions - MY17 Multivan Standard Head Unit

Users Country Flag

Dumb Questions - MY17 Multivan Standard Head Unit

Hi,

I haven't picked up my new Multivan yet but when I do I would like to be able to play lots of MP3s I have currently stored on a 32GB SDHC card. I'm assuming for playing music only a class 10 card would be better but will a class 4 card suffice? What if any lag/delay might I notice with a C4 card?

I see people talking elsewhere in this forum about copying music to hard drives, do only some VW head units have internal storage? Will my head unit have storage I can copy files to from a card?

If no internal storage what sort of options do we have for album play/random play/folder random play?

The card currently has husband and wife folders (level 1), and underneath them folders for artist (level 2) and album (level 3).

I would like to have the option of random play of all the contents (for when we are both in the car), husband only (for when it's just me) or the ability to play an entire album (folder) or other options.

We will just have the standard Composition Media audio system.

Can anyone enlighten me or point me to an online user manual for the audio system?

Cheers,

Tony

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMax View Post
    Hi,

I haven't picked up my new Multivan yet but when I do I would like to be able to play lots of MP3s I have currently stored on a 32GB SDHC card. I'm assuming for playing music only a class 10 card would be better but will a class 4 card suffice? What if any lag/delay might I notice with a C4 card?

I see people talking elsewhere in this forum about copying music to hard drives, do only some VW head units have internal storage? Will my head unit have storage I can copy files to from a card?

If no internal storage what sort of options do we have for album play/random play/folder random play?

The card currently has husband and wife folders (level 1), and underneath them folders for artist (level 2) and album (level 3).

I would like to have the option of random play of all the contents (for when we are both in the car), husband only (for when it's just me) or the ability to play an entire album (folder) or other options.

We will just have the standard Composition Media audio system.

Can anyone enlighten me or point me to an online user manual for the audio system?

Cheers,

Tony
    Tony - the Composition Media will accept any SD and MMC memory cards up to 2GB (but only if formatted with FAT16, FAT32,or VFAT).You can also use SDHC cards up to 32 GB and SDXC cards up to 2 TB Max.

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.