Support VWWC

Page 66 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: DNS series head unit (new generation dual core RNS-510 alternative)

Quote Originally Posted by moda View Post
    Haha nIce one. For what program? Sygic or Primo? If Primo, should be able to find maps on fixmygps, but I'd recommend going to Sygic. If Sygic, should be able to find them in the download link in one of my posts, I'll dig it up if you want.
    Hey Moda, actually jusr strolling through fixmygps...

Sygic seems to be the go, how do you install Sygic on dns810?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by subieboy View Post
    Hey Moda, actually jusr strolling through fixmygps...

Sygic seems to be the go, how do you install Sygic on dns810?
    See my links here for the 'trial' with 2013.09 maps DNS series head unit (new generation dual core RNS-510 alternative)
    MY10 Golf Mk6 103TDI DSG Candy White | Revo Stage 1 ECU Tune | 18" Talladegas | GTI Front/Rear/Exhaust | R LED Taillights | GTI Steering Wheel | VW Discover Media | Focal IFVW Front Speakers | Mk7 Climatronic Panel |

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DkN View Post
    I intend to PM all those still in the group buy with a view to confirming all orders (for the DNS810 / 610 or 810+/610+ at their option, or opting out with refunds) by the end of next week. Once confirmed I will place the order with the supplier (at that point $100 deposit will be non-refundable).

More details and PMs will come tomorrow night.
    Hi have PMs been sent out yet? I have a deposit outstanding but haven't received anything.
    If not yet, then that's cool. Would be good if we could get an update though!

Thanks!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by swong View Post
    Hi have PMs been sent out yet? I have a deposit outstanding but haven't received anything.
    If not yet, then that's cool. Would be good if we could get an update though!

Thanks!
    As far as i'm aware no PM's got sent out, my guess (given he hasn't been online in a while), is that he ran out of time and is probably on his Honeymoon or something haha, so probably best to give it a few more weeks.
    MY10 Golf Mk6 103TDI DSG Candy White | Revo Stage 1 ECU Tune | 18" Talladegas | GTI Front/Rear/Exhaust | R LED Taillights | GTI Steering Wheel | VW Discover Media | Focal IFVW Front Speakers | Mk7 Climatronic Panel |

Users Country Flag
    I have not gotten any PM (though I am in the "interested" but no deposit yet group). With the Sygic seeming to be working and assuming I can get US maps for it, I expect to be going forward with it- wife has been bugging me for a GPS system.

- Phil

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Guys,

sorry about the delay. My wedding is on Friday! O_O

The main issue now is that I can't process the orders without my return units going through to the factory. At the moment they are stuck in China customs.

I am trying to get the packages re-routed to Hong Kong. AS needs to contact their shipping agent in Hong Kong and get them to accept the package and forward it to AS in Shenzhen. Hopefully that all works out as it will be a lot faster and cheaper than returning the package back to me (apparently it takes 4-6 weeks before customs releases goods for return to sender...)

I will be going on honeymoon from 4 Oct to 27 Oct. I had hoped to get everything finalised before the wedding, or at least the week after my wedding since I am not immediately going on honeymoon, but the return units getting stuck in customs unfortunately means that I don't think it will happen.

AS will also have the Chinese National Day break for about 10 days from 1 October.

I have my records pretty much sorted but have too much on to put much time on this right now. After the rush this weekend (I'm also moving in a new house on the wedding night so it will be a very busy weekend) I should have time to send that PM to everyone. I'd expect Monday night, or Tuesday night by the latest.

Of course I will leave the cut-off date till after I return from my honeymoon. I know this is yet another delay and if anyone wants to pull out I don't expect to have an order with AS go through until about 31 October so any time before then you can request a refund.
    TR 08 Golf GT TDI, Custom Code Phase 1, Milltek Exhaust, Whiteline RSB + ALK, APR Carbonio Intake

Users Country Flag
    As the unit seems to be ready I have a question for those who had a ANS and replaced it with a DNS: IS IT WORTH IT?
    I don't own the ANS but it seems that although the ANS has less functionality the one implemented do work (bluetooth streaming, GPS,...).

So simple question for the VW fans out there, if GPS, bluetooth music streaming and reverse camera are important for me, should I get the DNS or the ANS ?
    Thanks

Users Country Flag
    After not answering my last email I won't it to be known publicly that I would like a replacement unit for the POS DNS-610 I received.
    Sandy, in the last email I sent you I wanted to know if I would receive the DNS-610+.
    Can you confirm if this is the case?
    Andy
    MKV Sportsline Soot Belcher
    MKV Jetta FSI DSG

Users Country Flag
    Update on my DNS610
    Everything was going well Igo Primo working with music in the background and all seemed good but now it seems the unit is draining my battery. Twice now when the car hasn't been used for 48hrs or more the battery has been discharged. .First time I thought it was me but this time all I had left was 4v so definitely the head unit. I have swapped it out with the original until AS come up with a fix. Yes mine is the new canbus , not a happy lad!! Cheers
    Passat MY12.5 TDI.

Users Country Flag

I thought I would pop in my 2 cents worth to this lengthy discussion. I purchased a DNS 810 from Sandy with the group buy back in March (I think). Overall I am quite happy with it given the price point. I have a CC with the basic radio. I wanted: Bluetooth - it works fine and is integrated with the steering wheel controls), GPS - I have installed Sygic and it works fine but is not as full featured as the IGO, which of course caused problems with the SD playback, Rear view camera - works fine; SD card playback is fine and the unit reads the card much faster than the standard VW radio ever did. Radio audio is not quite up to the standard VW radio but is quite acceptable. The bluetooth music from the phone is a bit tinny but I never use it. The SD card is better. The unit has its quirks from time to time but for the price its fine. The only real problems I now have is that I can't set the time on the unit (I believe this is a known problem) and with the latest software Aug14 I find that the search function on the phonebook does not work. I can only insert three characters and it says no records found??

I must say that I have found Sandy a delight to deal with. He responds promptly and is always helpful and understanding.

Page 66 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast