Support VWWC

Page 106 of 106 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106
Results 1,051 to 1,059 of 1059

Thread: DNS series head unit (new generation dual core RNS-510 alternative)

Given the battery's age, I'd say it's odds on.

Replace it before it sticks you up at an inconvenient moment.

Duplicate post
    Last edited by Idle; 05-02-2017 at 09:41 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Hello :
    I have a DNS810

BSP: MS9.H.32.1018
    MPEG:
    MCU: DNS810.A.1010
    BT: 031407180
    MPU: DNS810.13nov14.32.VW.V41
    CAN: VW_V02.27
    MAP:
    SOFTWARE:

I need the update because the dropbox links share the file no longer exists

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by sam agadir View Post
    Hello :
    I have a DNS810

BSP: MS9.H.32.1018
    MPEG:
    MCU: DNS810.A.1010
    BT: 031407180
    MPU: DNS810.13nov14.32.VW.V41
    CAN: VW_V02.27
    MAP:
    SOFTWARE:

I need the update because the dropbox links share the file no longer exists
    I can reupload for you, just need to work out which one you need since there were a number of forks of the firmware (I believe you need the A type with the new CANBUS chip)?
    MY10 Golf Mk6 103TDI DSG Candy White | Revo Stage 1 ECU Tune | 18" Talladegas | GTI Front/Rear/Exhaust | R LED Taillights | GTI Steering Wheel | VW Discover Media | Focal IFVW Front Speakers | Mk7 Climatronic Panel |

Users Country Flag
    Hi guys, where can I get the latest firmware from? Have emailed audio sources and they have not responded to me. Thank, Greg

Users Country Flag

Firmware update.

Quote Originally Posted by Muteki View Post
    Hi guys, where can I get the latest firmware from? Have emailed audio sources and they have not responded to me. Thank, Greg
    Hi Team, have the same requirement. Need the new firmware. Just updated the CANBUS system so the battery is draining.

(My battery on the 2007 VW Golf has always been draining since i first got it in 2015).
    | Candy White 2007, Mk 5 Golf, 2.0 TDI | 103 kw chipped to 138 kw | 19" Mercedes C6319 Gloss Black | Stage 1 APR Cold Air Intake | DNS-810 GPS Unit (Eventually...) | Diesel Geek Short Shifter |

Build Thread: http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...ild-85147.html

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearce View Post
    Hi Team, have the same requirement. Need the new firmware. Just updated the CANBUS system so the battery is draining.

(My battery on the 2007 VW Golf has always been draining since i first got it in 2015).
    AudioSources will not reply to emails - you will need to contact them via Skype.
    I was able to get a firmware update for my DS-811 this way.

Use any one of the following AudioSources Customer Service Reps via Skype

Name: Linda
    Skype Address: audiosources11

Name: Smile
    Skype Address: audiosources3

I have found that Linda seems to be the best one to contact. I actually managed to contact her today and get an updated firmware for my DS-811. Be aware that her English is not great, so use plain and simple phrases (or you can use Skype's in-built translator).

When you ask for a firmware update, you will be prompted to send a photo of the software you're running in your head unit. Specifically, they want to see the Version screen, outlining the Software Revisions for BSP, APP, MCU, MPEG, CAN & BT.

They will not accept you typing the version numbers in the Skype chat - I guess it's because they don't want to send you the wrong firmware for your unit and potentially brick it.

See how you go.
    Last edited by Omerta11; 04-09-2018 at 04:04 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Did a few changes to my can the other week and Sygic has lost it's code so no satnav.
    I have trolled through my old emails and found the key to my first 810 but couldn't find the one for my second unit.
    Is anyone able to get one?
    MKV Sportsline Soot Belcher
    MKV Jetta FSI DSG

Users Country Flag

Hi All,
    The other day I asked AudioSources for an upgraded firmware for my DS811.
    They sent one through, but mistakenly sent me the upgraded UI that is for their MIB-811 units.
    It looks great, and matches the UI of the OEM units that come with VW’s newer cars.
    Most essential functions work, such as Radio, BT, USB playback etc. but there are a few things that don’t, such as car telemetry.
    I contacted AudioSources about this, and they said the MIB interface should not work at all on the DS-811 units. They said they sent it in error, and that I should roll it back to a previous version. When I said the MIB interface works reasonably well apart from a few non-essential things, they said my unit will require a CAN upgrade - but they’ve refused to send it to me. I guess it’s because they want me to upgrade and buy one of their MIB units.
    I was wondering if anyone has an AudioSources MIB unit and was prepared to share a copy of their CAN software?

Page 106 of 106 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106