Page 3 of 106 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: DNS series head unit (new generation dual core RNS-510 alternative)

Can anyone with a unit tell me how the bluetooth handsfree is?
    I know there is a few complaints about the bluetooth music playback but im interested to know how the handsfree is

Users Country Flag
    I have had no issues with the Bluetooth. I don't listen to music through it. Due to the quality/static. But for calls it connects super quickly and i have found no issues with connection. Sometimes it takes a second to disconnect or pull audio for a call. But that's only for a split second. Only issue I find is only 1 phone can be connected to it at once. Would be good if you could connect at least 1 more phone.

Sent from my galaxy spaceship
    Mine: -MK5 Golf 2.0TDI[Deiselgeek sigma 6 shifter + H&R 50mm lowering springs + GTI Tartan interior + Audi 18x8 A6 wheels(Dark Steel)]
    -MK1 Golf The re-spray/re-build
    In the family: -MK5 Jetta 2.0TDI, -9N3 Polo TDI, -6R Polo TDI, -Mitsubishi S^$&box van
    A pattern seems to be forming...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by LD_mart View Post
    Can anyone with a unit tell me how the bluetooth handsfree is?
    I know there is a few complaints about the bluetooth music playback but im interested to know how the handsfree is
    Music works most of the time even when multiple devices are paired. Seems to multi task with GPS while playing music well, and change tracks with the frequency dial on the right.

Phone call quality is good my end. Havnt heard the other end but havnt had a complaint or constantly had to repeat myself, and I don't have a particularly loud speaking voice. So far so good.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
    www.TheRapidWrench.Melbourne
    The convenient, professional and affordable mobile bicycle mechanic that comes to you!
    My RS build thread

Perfect! one of the main reasons im buying the unit is for bluetooth, glad it works well

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    New firmware update is available, please check OP. This update fixes, among other things, the radio muting glitch when you start the car with the unit on, and should also fix performance / slowdown issues.
    TR 08 Golf GT TDI, Custom Code Phase 1, Milltek Exhaust, Whiteline RSB + ALK, APR Carbonio Intake

Users Country Flag
    Updated to the new firmware and took a 5 minute drive. While it's a little better I'm still getting some stuttering while playing songs from SD with the GPS map on screen.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Updated to the new firmware and took a 5 minute drive. While it's a little better I'm still getting some stuttering while playing songs from SD with the GPS map on screen.
    Are you able to confirm the specific files that this occurs with, or is it all of them? If it's all of them, what type of file are they e.g. 320kbps mp3, are they generally 5mb / 10mb etc?
    TR 08 Golf GT TDI, Custom Code Phase 1, Milltek Exhaust, Whiteline RSB + ALK, APR Carbonio Intake

Users Country Flag
    It seems to be pretty much all of my music files on the SD. They're both MP3 and FLAC with a range of bitrates. I'll send you a PM with a video example of the stuttering and the MP3 file being played.

Users Country Flag
    Sandy, can you confirm this is correct?

DNS series head unit (new generation dual core RNS-510 alternative)-img_7762_zps25719214-jpg

If it is correct the radio sound muting problem when starting is still happening and all preset stations come up point 1 to 2 less when selected.
    So 102.1 shows up as 102.08, 105.3 shows as 105.28 and so on

Just wondering if anyone's GPS SD slot cover doesn't fit properly like mine?
    MKV Sportsline Soot Belcher
    MKV Jetta FSI DSG

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by asa572 View Post
    Sandy, can you confirm this is correct?

DNS series head unit (new generation dual core RNS-510 alternative)-img_7762_zps25719214-jpg
    Thats the same version I get after the latest firmware.

The few bugs I have noticed for the new firmware:

The parking sensor screen overlays the FM radio so you can see the car and the sensor but background is still transparant so you can see the radio.
    The parking sensor switched to camera (even though I dont have one installed), I can press the icon to return to normal parking sensor.
    Confirmed that audio stutters during NAV/SD playback. Could it be the size of the card, I have a 32gb in mine - prehaps Audiosource are testing with a small SD card? I'll try do a test tomorrow with a 4gb card.

Page 3 of 106 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast