Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Discover Media retrofit

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

You need to apply a data set to the camera with vcp or odis s

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Done - everything works now with the new PDC - big thanks Kamold for helping out

The only final thing not covered, I also had to update the 2 Gen2-parking options below to get things to work:

ENG122228-ENG117710-Car_Function_List_CAN_Gen2-parking_assist_0x0A - change to "Available"
    ENG122228-ENG117711-Car_Function_List_CAN_Gen2-parking_assist_0x0A_msg_bus - change to "Terminal 15"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Discover Media retrofit-untitled-png  
    Last edited by Simo; 02-06-2018 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simo View Post
    Done - everything works now with the new PDC - big thanks Kamold for helping out

The only final thing not covered, I also had to update the 2 Gen2-parking options below to get things to work:

ENG122228-ENG117710-Car_Function_List_CAN_Gen2-parking_assist_0x0A - change to "Available"
    ENG122228-ENG117711-Car_Function_List_CAN_Gen2-parking_assist_0x0A_msg_bus - change to "Terminal 15"
    Good work Simo!

2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    I've done the discover media retrofit in my 2013 VW GTI using the kit from Eurozone Tuning. My car came from the factory without nav and without any upgraded audio system (no Dynaudio or Fender).

At random times when the radio or the car is off, or when turning the MIB2 unit on, the MIB 2 seems to send a quick pulse through the speakers. I'll just describe it as a general audio system noise, kind of like a "boot-up" noise. Maybe a half second long. If anyone knows the speaker interruption noise that you hear when you access the radio module (channel 56 or channel 5F) via VCDS, it is similar to that noise. Never heard this kind of thing before with my RCD 510.

As far as I can tell, my MIB 2 is not programmed for Dynaudio or Fender. When I installed the unit, I did not disconnect the battery.

Has anyone experienced this or have any idea on how to get rid of it?

Thanks!

My guess...

You have a factory amp, but you haven't configured it.

But if you did, you'd know from an autoscan, which I'm guessing you've done already.

My R36 came with an amp, but neither Fender nor Dynaudio - just VW factory-special.

Yep they do that.
    You will hear it if you connect diagnostics to the unit, or if you turn it on without ignition and then let it go to sleep by itself.
    So do factory MQB stereos.
    Something with the current generation.
    Some sort of test by I don't know anything more about it.
    Totally normal.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for the replies!

Quote Originally Posted by Simo View Post
    My guess...

You have a factory amp, but you haven't configured it.

But if you did, you'd know from an autoscan, which I'm guessing you've done already.

My R36 came with an amp, but neither Fender nor Dynaudio - just VW factory-special.
    So you're saying that an autoscan would raise a fault if I have an unconfigured factory amp? I have done an autoscan and haven't seen anything like that show up (though not totally sure I was looking in the right place).

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Yep they do that.
    You will hear it if you connect diagnostics to the unit, or if you turn it on without ignition and then let it go to sleep by itself.
    So do factory MQB stereos.
    Something with the current generation.
    Some sort of test by I don't know anything more about it.
    Totally normal.

So sounds like this is just the way it is. That's annoying. Even with Dynaudio you do have this "test" noise?

Yes it's not to do with the amp.
    It's the mib head unit.
    It happens in new cars with or without an amp also.

Users Country Flag
    For anyone who installs the MIB 2 and finds that their OEM microphone isn't working: if your car came from the factory with RCD-310 or RCD-510 and a separate bluetooth module (i.e. 9W2, 9W7, etc), or a similar setup, you'll have to do this.

The OEM microphone wiring does not go straight to the head unit wire harness. The two microphone leads go to the bluetooth module connector underneath the passenger seat. However, I took my 9W7 bluetooth module out of the car because it was causing conflict with the MIB2 bluetooth. So, the microphone leads go nowhere at this point. Luckily, the audio signal OUT +/- wires from the blue bluetooth connector lead straight to the head unit wiring loom. In fact, following the pins & wiring from the OEM loom to the quadralock adapter, they're going to where the microphone IN +/- is supposed to go into the MIB2. So, you can take advantage of this. At the bluetooth module connector underneath the passenger seat, jump the microphone IN leads to the audio OUT leads (pins 11/12 and 8/9). This worked for me after 1 polarity trial & error. Black & clear are mic IN, blue and white are audio OUT. Here's a pic:
    Shared album - Patrick Driscoll - Google Photos

Users Country Flag

Another question for those who have retrofitted Discover Media on an MK6 car with white MFD:

When I'm using the FM or AM radio, there is a character glitch displaying the station name/frequency on my white MFD. Instead of saying
    100.3 FM
    or
    100.3 HD1
    it displays a white square in place of FM/AM/HD2 or whatever is supposed to be there:
    100.3 □

Here's a picture: Shared album - Google Photos

It seems like the radio is sending a certain character/glyph to the MFD but the MFD doesn't have it, so it's just showing the white square b/c of the missing glyph. Just a guess. The white square also shows up in the MFD Phone call list at the left of each call name/number. I believe it's usually a little mobile phone or house icon that shows up in that spot.

Do others have this glitch or not have this glitch? Any ideas on whether this can be corrected?

Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast