Thread: Android Head Units

Users Country Flag

Android Head Units

Hi all,
    just seeing if anyone has used one of the VW designed android head units?
    I've herd some good things about them but they are a Chinese made unit so i'm unsure about quality and functioning

Here is something of what Im talking about
    9"Android 6.0 Car Stereo Head Unit GPS Player Navigation R For VW EOS SEAT SKODA | eBay

One of the first mods to my car was a replacement head unit- It's probably close to 2 years now that I purchased and installed an android head unit into my MK5. No complaints from me as it retained the steering wheel buttons, has gps, video, reverse camera and heaps of other features including running the torque app and realtime gauges.

I paid about $500 for mine and since it was some time ago it looks like the model has now been updated. I would say go for it, it also was piss easy to install, took me 30 minutes with just a screwdriver and a flashlight (no crimping wires or working out which wire goes where as it just plugs in). As for quality, what isn't made in China these days?

I installed different type of android headunit in the wifes 5N tiguan a couple of months ago and no issues

Really just wanted something connect headrest tv screens for the kids and does what we need it to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    oh nice!
    My main concern is will the standard reverse camera and features still work (park assist display and steering wheel functions)

My car didn't have either so wasn't an issue for me- not sure how it integrates into the canbus system of the car... it does display which door is open on the display so I guess it does have some integration....

Mine came with a canbus decoder. Steering wheel functions work. I dont have parking assist or sensors so cant help you. Also i bought an after market reverse camera. And that works with the canbus decoder. Not sure about factory reverse cameras

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    thanks for the replies guys! im most likely going to get the one i linked so if i don't post how it is pm me for questions on it

Users Country Flag
    I'll definitely be interested to hear how that goes...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

I fitted a unit made by Joying to my CC. It worked really well for the most part, and included a canbus decoder to work with the Dynaudio sound system. Right before trading the CC in on my new Tig the headunit started giving problems where it would go blank and restart, and then in the end not start up the screen at all (audio still worked) and it beeped constantly as though touching the screen.

If I was going to keep the CC I would have ended up buying a different unit, and even considered swapping with an RCD330+ unit with CarPlay.