Support VWWC

Thread: Comparing two RNS-510 versions

Users Country Flag

Comparing two RNS-510 versions

Hi All,
    I previously had a RNS-510 in my T5 multivan that had a buggy compass. It was changed under warranty for a new unit, but the new unit doesn't seem to be the same. The secret menu is missing and voice control no longer works. Here are the details of the old vs new units:
    Old Unit:
    Part number: 7F0 035 680 B
    HW-Version: H61
    SW-Version: 5269

New Unit:
    Part number: 1T0 035 680 C
    HW-Version: H50
    SW-Version: 2840

So some quick questions:
    1. What does the 7F0 vs 1T0 mean? I am yet to find a site that explains this part of the version number.
    2. Can I compare the hardware and software versions directly or does the 7F0 vs 1T0 man they are totally different?
    3. Have they given me a older / crappier unit as a replacement?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by wilko; 13-04-2018 at 12:07 AM. Reason: remove broken html tags

Users Country Flag
    1. 7F0 is a Transporter part number. 1T0 is a Golf/Passat part number.
    The hardware is essentially the same, depending on the revision.

2. You can update your unit to the same generation of firmware. You will need to reload your maps from the maps CD:
    Firmware updates for RNS510 units in Australia/NZ

3. Once you update the firmware and correctly code the unit for voice control it will essentially be the same as what you had. The replacement one is older. The list of variants is here:
    Volkswagen RNS 510 Part Number List | my-gti.com
    Last edited by kamold; 13-04-2018 at 11:01 AM.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Thanks for the info, it's great.