Support VWWC

Thread: Carplay & IOS11 issues

Users Country Flag

Carplay & IOS11 issues

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing issues with Carplay since IOS11 update. Mine was working perfectly for the last 18 months but now displays blank screen when launching Carplay in my Golf 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by snajper View Post
    Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing issues with Carplay since IOS11 update. Mine was working perfectly for the last 18 months but now displays blank screen when launching Carplay in my Golf 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A lot of blackscreens and freezes since I pick up the car

Users Country Flag
    Yes, I've had a black screen a couple of times since updating to iOS 11... pressing the menu button on the infotainment and then 'CarPlay' brings it back.
    Hoping for an apple update to fix it...
    Tiguan Highline 162TSI | Indium Grey | DAP | MY18

This week's update to iOS 11.1 seems to have my CarPlay working well.

My CarPlay just died today....2016 VW GTI.

It's functionality gradually depleted after many a plugging in of the cable; first I got audio, but no screen (only a 'App Connect is connecting message), then I got nothing but a message on screen saying I need to request App Connect permission from a dealership...

Also, VW Navigation decided I didn't have a compatible version & also refused to work.

& then my phone couldn't even be detected.

So on a day where I needed some form of navigation, none of my options worked.

Had to insert the Airpods & listen to Google Maps turn by turn....which is still better than Apple Maps on CarPlay anyway...

So being a Sunday, I'll need to wait until tomorrow to book the car into VW for what'll most likely be a traumatic experience....
    MY16 MK7 Golf GTI
    - Manual - Sunroof - Folding Mirrors - Lock/Unlock Chirp - 4x Indicator Flash - Traffic - MK7.5 LED Tail Lights with Sweeping Indicators - Dynablink Sweeping mirror LEDs - White LED's on rear rego plate -

Quote Originally Posted by Ralfi View Post
    My CarPlay just died today....2016 VW GTI.

It's functionality gradually depleted after many a plugging in of the cable; first I got audio, but no screen (only a 'App Connect is connecting message), then I got nothing but a message on screen saying I need to request App Connect permission from a dealership...

Also, VW Navigation decided I didn't have a compatible version & also refused to work.

& then my phone couldn't even be detected.

So on a day where I needed some form of navigation, none of my options worked.

Had to insert the Airpods & listen to Google Maps turn by turn....which is still better than Apple Maps on CarPlay anyway...

So being a Sunday, I'll need to wait until tomorrow to book the car into VW for what'll most likely be a traumatic experience....
    That sucks. Were you using a genuine Apple lightning cable? I've heard of lots of people replacing the cable with an Apple or MFI certified cable and it working again. If you don't have an iphone 7 or later it helps to turn off background app store downloads and do regular hard resets on the phone (home button and lock button until it goes black). That frees up more RAM and makes my crappy iphone 6 run Carplay faster. Also ios11 seems to work better for Carplay than 10.

Users Country Flag
    I bought VW Tiguan Comfortline last week and the CarPlay does not work! It gets disconnected every minute and connects back again. I am using iPhone X with original USB cable. Please tell me if anyone has a fix for this.

Users Country Flag

I use it daily on my MY18 Tiguan Highline - IPhone X no issues.
    Obvious stuff, but have you tried turning it off and on again?
    Reboot iPhone, reboot infotainment (hold Power for 10 sec until it reboots), update iPhone software to latest...
    otherwise back to dealer unfortunately.