Support VWWC

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: BlueTooth related questions (all BT questions go in this thread only)

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tom_12_24 View Post
    I currently have a RCD 510 (Bosch 5K0 035 190 (non a or b)) and Novero 9w2 (1K8 051 730 B) (dealer fitted). I purchased a 9w7 (5K0 035 730 F SW 2902 HW: H09) from another forum member (who says it was working in their car).

I have tried a direct swap of the two units but the 9w7 doesn't appear to be working, when i turn on the car there are no discoverable bluetooth devices on my phone?

Does anybody have any ideas how to get it to work?

Thanks, Tom
    Hi Tom, did you get your new 9w7 working in the end? I have similar issue, just bought a more recent 9w7 to get track names with bluetooth streaming, however I cant pair iPhone with the car, no discoverable bluetooth devices to be seen...

Would love some help!

Thanks, Andy

Users Country Flag
    Hi All,

I have RCD 510 in a Passat 2011 with Bluetooth 9w7 - 7P6 035 730 B

I just picked up a newer version 9w7 - 7P6 035 730 L from wrecked 2013 Polo so that I could see music track names when streaming music over bluetooth (my original 'B' version doesn't support that functionality).

However when I swap the old 9w7 bluetooth module for the new one, my iPhone can't see any car bluetooth to connect with. Im guessing it was set up differently in the previous polo which it was in, and now needs some VCDS coding to work and be recognised in my Passat?

Does anyone know how to fix this, and/or could anyone help with VCDS coding in Sydney?

Kind thanks, Andy

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ak7723 View Post
    Hi All,

I have RCD 510 in a Passat 2011 with Bluetooth 9w7 - 7P6 035 730 B

I just picked up a newer version 9w7 - 7P6 035 730 L from wrecked 2013 Polo so that I could see music track names when streaming music over bluetooth (my original 'B' version doesn't support that functionality).

However when I swap the old 9w7 bluetooth module for the new one, my iPhone can't see any car bluetooth to connect with. Im guessing it was set up differently in the previous polo which it was in, and now needs some VCDS coding to work and be recognised in my Passat?

Does anyone know how to fix this, and/or could anyone help with VCDS coding in Sydney?

Kind thanks, Andy
    In a polo they were set up with a Bury dock by default.
    You need to change the coding so that you can take control using the steering wheel controls.
    If you're anywhere near North Ryde let me know I can sort it out for you.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

I have an 09 tiguan steering wheel had phone button and star. Bluetooth is on the headunit. Appears not to be installed at factory.

I've been reading I need to install 9w2 Bluetooth module is that correct.

Just need to know which one I need to get. Attached photos of MFD , steering wheel headunit RCD 310? Under left hand seat has some weird thing with a clip on it.

BlueTooth related questions (all BT questions go in this thread only)-idqvmus-jpgBlueTooth related questions (all BT questions go in this thread only)-oqrha0g-jpg

Users Country Flag
    Hello folks,

I have been trying to find info about the differences between the different 9w7 Bluetooth modules, but the info I've found is mostly outdated, and on other forums I haven't really gotten any helpful answers. So I found this forum and though that maybe someone here can help me out.

Backstory: I am about to switch from my Polo's factory RNS 315 (with built-in Bluetooth of course) and "Mobile Phone Preparation Plus" (with Bury cradle) to a late version RNS 510. I need a Bluetooth module which allows me to keep at least the existing functionality (handsfree, phone book/call lists in both RNS and MFD, artist/song album name in both RNS and MFD, and skipping songs with the buttons on the steering wheel).

So now I'm wondering:

1) What is the difference between 7p6035730 J, K and L versions? Some say K or later is needed to get the song info in the MFD and to be able to skip songs with the buttons on the wheel. Others say that L or later is needed. However, the J through L versions all have SW 3200 and HW H15, so is there really any functional difference? The J version is much easier to find used and a bit cheaper than K and L, but do I miss out on anything if I go for a J module?

2) There are also 7p6035730 M, N and P versions. These aren't mentioned much since they are newer than most 9w7 retrofit threads. These modules have SW 4217 and HW H16. What is the difference between these and the older versions? Will I get any additional functionality by going for one of these modules?

Thanks in advance.

Users Country Flag
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Thanks for the response, however that was one of the sources I've already checked and unfortunately the information I need is missing from there. It has information on the 7p6035730 L version, but info is missing from the J version so I can't compare it to the L version. The K version isn't listed at all. Also the M, N and P versions (the ones with later SW and HW numbers) aren't included in the list, probably because they were introduced after the list was last updated.

Users Country Flag
    I had a 7P0035730L and can confirm that it does AVHCP 1.3 (track and title info during streaming).
    I can't directly comment on an earlier revision personally.
    Don't think there are any new features with the newer versions, except for wifi hotspot which is a solution looking for a problem from what I can see...

Users Country Flag
    The WiFi (3c8 modules version D and newer) is a workaround for the major downside of rSAP, which is that the phone can't use mobile data when connected with rSAP. It's not a good solution and the WiFi modules are very expensive which is why I will settle for a module without rSAP (7p6 modules).

I don't think the newer 7p6035730 modules (M, N, P) are the same as the 3c8 modules with rSAP and WiFi, because they look physically different and they are cheaper than 3c8 modules. I believe the difference to older 7p6 modules is something else, and I would love to know what it is.

Users Country Flag

One advantage of the 9za/9zz wifi modules is they work with the 8 button steering wheel and swcm on the Passat prior to my10.
    9w7 modules don't work.

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast