Page 95 of 149 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145 ... LastLast

Thread: ANS-810 / ANS-510 (PROPER RNS-510 alternative)

i put in a rvc over the weekend, it was a number plate surround one but the principles are the same.

i ran the video wire and a thin twin core electrical cable (for 12v and ground) from the boot along the passenger side of the car over the top of the glovebox and into the back of the radio, this was the hardest part of the install.

i then tapped the brown (back conn) for 12v power and the black wire on the big quadlock for the ground, camera powers up and works fine!

the camera has built in stationary guide lines and the ans has its own so they "interfere" with one and other, so if your getting a camera make sure it DOESN'T have guide lines.

as for getting the wiring from the camera into the boot i used this guide...

Installing an aftermarket Rear View Camera (RVC) into a Golf Mark V and VI rear bumper | my-gti.com

saves having to take the bumper off, i need to get a new camera without guidelines - anyone have any recommendations, i was thinking about these...

2 LED Light Car Reverse Backup Camera Wired Rearview Camera Waterproof 150 Angle | eBay

Night Vision Car Rear View Reverse Backup Color Camera | eBay

anyone have any experience with the ones that mount to the number plate bulb lense...

170º Wide Night Vision Car Rear View Reverse Camera For VW Golf 2010 Scirocco UK | eBay

also along with the blue and black wires on the big quadlock, theres also a yellow wire - any ideas what this is for?

while i had the radio out i fitted a dual fakra adapter it WASN'T a diversity one but it improved reception a million times, this maybe also down to the fact that its now powered!

I use this one.
    CCD Reverse Camera for VW Beetle Passat Golf Polo Jetta PHAETON | Skoda Superb | eBay
    The one they sent has no lines but might be an idea to ask whoever you buy from.
    Good clear pic, easy fitment.
    The one you listed 170º Wide Night Vision Car Rear View Reverse Camera For VW Golf 2010 Scirocco UK | eBay looks ok too.
    Prev 2008 R32 3 door DSG.
    Prev 2010 S3 Sportback Stronic.
    Now Lexus IS350 F Sport

Users Country Flag
    I ordered a relay and socket pigtail from Amazon. I'll be away on a business trip but will install next week and post a follow up on how everything turns out.

Paul.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Yes if you use the brown back conn wire then you wouldn't need a relay, since that wire is designed to directly power the camera.

Regarding the reversing lines, in later firmware there are two sets both stationary and dynamic, they've done this because this is how it looks on the RNS-510. Personally I don't see much point in keeping the stationary lines, but I guess you can then see where you'll go if you straighten up?
    TR 08 Golf GT TDI, Custom Code Phase 1, Milltek Exhaust, Whiteline RSB + ALK, APR Carbonio Intake

This is how the screen without stationary lines :

Yes that was how the screen used to look like. Now there is also a static, straight reverse path which is shown together with the dynamic path. Like I said they only did this to bring it in line with the RNS-510, Google for RNS-510 reverse camera and you will see.

Users Country Flag
    no updates? its 2-4-2013 now

so the static line are not on the camera? they're on the ans?

getting a new camera will make no difference?

thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Na2eL View Post
    no updates? its 2-4-2013 now
    You know as much as I know at this stage, Audiosources is hard at work preparing for the HK electronics fair at the moment which happens in the middle of this month. They may plan to debut the new unit then, but either way we can only wait now.

Quote Originally Posted by a803sgo View Post
    so the static line are not on the camera? they're on the ans?

getting a new camera will make no difference?

thanks again.
    That's correct. If you did chance upon a camera with hard coded lines it would show triple now. So for others sourcing cameras from elsewhere, it's still important to get one without hard coded lines.
    TR 08 Golf GT TDI, Custom Code Phase 1, Milltek Exhaust, Whiteline RSB + ALK, APR Carbonio Intake

[QUOTE=DkN;934263]Yes if you use the brown back conn wire then you wouldn't need a relay, since that wire is designed to directly power the camera.

QUOTE]

Not all have the brown rev wire connected in the terminal block. I had to add a connector and wire for mine.
    The label on the unit shows where it goes (ANS-810)
    Prev I just ran from the rev light at the rear.
    Wanted to see if it made any diff to the way it worked but no, either way seems ok.
    Reason was the earlier firmware with its rev switching issues.
    Prev 2008 R32 3 door DSG.
    Prev 2010 S3 Sportback Stronic.
    Now Lexus IS350 F Sport

Page 95 of 149 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145 ... LastLast