Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Android MirrorLink replacement for RNS-510

Users Country Flag

One problem (or advantage depending how you look at it) is the RCD330G uses a standard composite video in rather than the RGBS of the OEM cameras in PQ35/46 cars.
    Cheap and cheerful upgrade over an RCD310 or RCD510 though if you don't have a reverse camera or want to fit an aftermarket one.

Work is still underway on getting Discover going. If anyone has access to a Tiguan, Scirocco or Jetta with Discover and AA/Carplay/Mirrorlink activated please let me know as I need adaptation channel maps and advanced info.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    One problem (or advantage depending how you look at it) is the RCD330G uses a standard composite video in rather than the RGBS of the OEM cameras in PQ35/46 cars.
    Cheap and cheerful upgrade over an RCD310 or RCD510 though if you don't have a reverse camera or want to fit an aftermarket one.

Work is still underway on getting Discover going. If anyone has access to a Tiguan, Scirocco or Jetta with Discover and AA/Carplay/Mirrorlink activated please let me know as I need adaptation channel maps and advanced info.
    Yea that's true - they look to be going for a few hundred USD from the chinese sellers with everything you need to retrofit them, to me that's a no brainer upgrade for someone who has an RCD310/510, and chances are pretty high that those people probably won't have the factory reverse camera. In fact, I think I even saw an adapter from one of the chinese sellers to convert RGBS to composite for those that do have the factory camera?

Wish I could help, I just have the Mk6 Golf and a 2nd Gen Touareg. Would definitely be interested to get the Discover going in my car, the chinese aftermarket units that I have used are starting to wear me down haha.
    MY10 Golf Mk6 103TDI DSG Candy White | Revo Stage 1 ECU Tune | 18" Talladegas | GTI Front/Rear/Exhaust | R LED Taillights | GTI Steering Wheel | VW Discover Media | Focal IFVW Front Speakers | Mk7 Climatronic Panel |

Any advancements in the RNS-510 android world?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by brettue View Post
    Any advancements in the RNS-510 android world?
    I have a 2012 118TSI Tiguan and am looking at installing a VW head unit that supports Android Auto. Cam across these on eBay. Has anyone seen/used these units.

I'm assuming that they are actually genuine VW units.

Can you link to it?

Users Country Flag
    Can you link to it?
    That would probably be helpful

Access Denied

Very interesting. I might contact the seller and ask some more questions. Looks like its local too. Kamold, what's your thoughts?

Users Country Flag
    It's a Composition Media unit - the non-nav version of the Discover Media.
    So yes its a factory unit.
    Strange that the seller doesn't even mention that it has integrated Bluetooth...

HOWEVER if it hasn't been modified or unlocked then it will brick after 8 hours (cumulative) of runtime outside of the original donor vehicle due to the component protection countdown.
    You'd need to find out what they've done about that.

I'm going with Discover Media, should have it in the next week or 2 there has been a lot of work undertaken to make sure I get all the features activated including voice control.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    It's a Composition Media unit - the non-nav version of the Discover Media.
    So yes its a factory unit.
    Strange that the seller doesn't even mention that it has integrated Bluetooth...

HOWEVER if it hasn't been modified or unlocked then it will brick after 8 hours (cumulative) of runtime outside of the original donor vehicle due to the component protection countdown.
    You'd need to find out what they've done about that.

I'm going with Discover Media, should have it in the next week or 2 there has been a lot of work undertaken to make sure I get all the features activated including voice control.
    Seller says it's plug and play and won't brick. They actually have a shop in Box Hill, Vic and a website with their stock: http://aaautoparts.com.au

Where are you buying your Discover Media unit from?

Users Country Flag

Seller says it's plug and play and won't brick. They actually have a shop in Box Hill, Vic and a website with their stock: http://aaautoparts.com.au

Where are you buying your Discover Media unit from?
    Getting mine from a friend in Poland.
    I will do a write-up once I've got it all installed and fully tested.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast