Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Android Auto and MIB II

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

I can't say 100% without testing, and I can't do that at the moment because I am away, but it is highly unlikely that you can connect and use two phones at the same time, regardless of what features you are using. AA takes over the Bluetooth even though you physically connect to the head unit via a cable.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Obake View Post
    My partner just got her 2016 Golf Mk7 Trendline and I wanted to buy an iPhone 5c or a cheap android, maybe a kogan or xiaomi for app connect and navigation and music. She currently got a windows phone and happy with it so I wanted to know if she can continue to use bluetooth and make/receive calls using her windows phone AND use app connect at the same time. Is this possible?

I've got a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (T310) that i was thinking of rooting and installing marshmallow onto it to test android auto. Will a tablet work or is it phone only?
    My understanding is that App connect will take preference and route calls etc through that interface, though I have not tried this with Windows mobile device.
    My16 Golf Alltrack, DAP
    MY18 Golf Comfortline

Users Country Flag
    Thanks guys. I read somewhere else that you can have 2 bluetooth device connected at the same time, 1 for music and 1 for phone. I was hoping this would be the case with app connect too.

If I ever upgrade my personal iPhone 4S to something compatible I'll give it a go and update my original post. For the time being my partner is happy with her phone and doesn't want to plug it in and out every time she drives so she doesn't want a new phone.

One thing that I have never seen on my Android Auto screen is a weather card on the home screen yet I see it on all of the Android auto reviews.
    Am I the only one missing out on the weather card?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gh172 View Post
    One thing that I have never seen on my Android Auto screen is a weather card on the home screen yet I see it on all of the Android auto reviews.
    Am I the only one missing out on the weather card?
    I get it. Nothing particularly special about it though - just says the temperature, a little icon to tell you what the conditions are going to be like, and the location the data is for. I have not done anything special that I can think of to get it working. I use Google Now quite extensively. Maybe that's the key?
    2016 GTI Performance | Pure White | JB1 | Dog Bone | Full Tint | Stop/Start Delete | Avatar by sandwg

Thanks mattaus! I'll try using Google now a little more. I know that it doesn't give anything more than the temperature, just buggs me that I don't get it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah I use it a lot, and tonnes of related cards appear as a result. Navigation, reminders, weather and so forth.
    2016 GTI Performance | Pure White | JB1 | Dog Bone | Full Tint | Stop/Start Delete | Avatar by sandwg

Users Country Flag
    I'm testing out Android auto in my golf 92TSI, besides the annoying voice control physical button disabled android auto will not respond to questions. So I can get it it to play music, navigate somewhere but if I ask it any questions like weather etc, nothing happens. I've seen youtube clips where this works so just looking for confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by wild_easy View Post
    I'm testing out Android auto in my golf 92TSI, besides the annoying voice control physical button disabled android auto will not respond to questions. So I can get it it to play music, navigate somewhere but if I ask it any questions like weather etc, nothing happens. I've seen youtube clips where this works so just looking for confirmation.
    Press and hold the voice button on your steering wheel. The dash may say voice is disabled, but AA will still respond. Or do you mean VW has physically disconnected the button? That's a bit rough if they have...

Questions definitely work. I often ask it if rain is expected and it responds. Same with asking how long it would take to drive to places etc. Back in January I even asked it when the new season of Archer started and it came back with an answer based on previous seasons start dates! Turns out it was wrong but it's logic was sound haha.

So yeah, bit odd that questions are not working, unless they've disabled it since I used that feature last!?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456