Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9WZ bluetooth/ media issues

Users Country Flag

9WZ bluetooth/ media issues

Hi All

I installed a 9WZ unit into my R36 wagon a few weeks back. Below is the link to the thread. Thanks to rjt86 for his help.

9WZ Bluetooth install

I have got the system (mostly?) setup and have some annoyances. Hopefully someone can help.

1. When I get a SMS or email notification the audio is muted for a few seconds. I have tried changing a few settings on the RNS and the MFD. The only thing that I have found to work is disconnecting the phone from media in the MFD bluetooth setup. I have an iphone 6 plus while my wife has a standard iphone 6 and her phone doesn't do this! I have changed a setting in the MFD in the section telephone>audio to "calls only". Before it was set to "always" and when it was the sound would mute when the phone was connecting. Now it only mutes for notifications.

2. When playing music through bluetooth media the sound only comes out the front 2 speakers as if in a phone call. None of the other speakers work. The tone button on the RNS seems to be disabled when bluetooth is playing so I cant change the balance etc. When the volume is changed the volume bar is green and says "telephone".

I have tried changing all the logical settings in the RNS and MFD as well as VCDS but nothing seems to have worked. Some details that I think may be relevent:
    R36 wagon MY09
    White MFD
    RNS510 part # 1T0035680L firmware 5238
    BT part # 5N0 035 730 D

Any help is welcome.

Thanks

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hi All

I am still having issues with #2 above. Number 1 has been resolved. I have disabled media connection via buetooth on my phone for this bluetooth pair which got rid of the notifications but means that I can't play music over bluetooth. I have to use the AUX cable which is less than ideal.

It seems that I am not the only person to have this issue. Below is a link to another forum where the poster describes the same problems, except they are using an RCD head unit and Fiscon bluetooth. It appears their problem was eventually resolved by a firmware update.

View topic - Fiscon Bluetooth - Sound Quality • SCIROCCO FORUMS, friendly community, info, news & advice.

And here is a link to a VW site where they describe how to setup the bluetooth connection. In this walkthrough the 2 speaker issue is described as normal!!! But if you watch the video towards the end there is footnote that says this was not a problem on later models.

Connect or pair your mobile via Bluetooth to your Volkswagen

Is it as simple as doing a firmware update on my 9WZ? Is that possible? If so how would you do it?

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Users Country Flag
    Firmware updates are possible but only with ODIS.
    It possible that it's a firmware issue but that 9zz unit is from 2010.
    What software does it have currently?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Hi mate
    Sorry I thought I had already replied. Below is screen grab I took of the HW/SW info on VCDS

Users Country Flag
    Ok that unit is a Novero HT4 'UHV Premium' module.
    Its from 2010.
    I can't find a firmware update for it that looks compatible.
    It was superceded by the Novero HT5 based unit with part number 3C8-035-730-E which has wifi support.
    This has PR code of 9IC/9W4/9ZG/9ZU/9ZZ

I would test a newer unit.
    If it works then you have a solution - upgrade to a newer unit.
    If it doesn't resolve your issue then you have a wiring issue.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Thanks Kamold. I'll give that a go.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    i am having issues where track sometimes pauses and wont continue onto a next song unless i press play...kamlod how do u update a firmware for 9wz units?
    GTI carbon steel g, leather, mdi, A.C.C., park parallel assist & RVC, dynaudio, sunroof, R-tails, RNS510, 9WZ, LED reg

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by night_flight View Post
    i am having issues where track sometimes pauses and wont continue onto a next song unless i press play...kamlod how do u update a firmware for 9wz units?
    You need Odis engineering or VCP and the firmware flash file.
    What is the part number and software version of your Bluetooth module?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    You need Odis engineering or VCP and the firmware flash file.
    What is the part number and software version of your Bluetooth module?
    is this part of the "telefon" scan? if so...

Address 77: Telephone (J412) Labels: 7P6-035-730.clb
    Part No SW: 7P6 035 730 L HW: 7P6 035 730 L
    Component: TELEFON H15 3200
    Revision: 1B001001 Serial number: 00AAAA63112800
    Coding: 0A10000000010110
    Shop #: WSC 12345 123 12345
    ASAM Dataset: EV_UHVNA 002720
    ROD: EV_UHVNA.rod
    VCID: 3B7F2AA8B2C109E664-806E

so vcd cable from ross tech is not something that can be used to update this u need to purchase a seperate cable?
    GTI carbon steel g, leather, mdi, A.C.C., park parallel assist & RVC, dynaudio, sunroof, R-tails, RNS510, 9WZ, LED reg

Users Country Flag

There isn't a newer flash file available unfortunately.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast