Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7.5 Discover Pro Infotainment POI update

7.5 Discover Pro Infotainment POI update

Hi All,

Anyone been able to successfully add speed cameras etc to their 7.5 infotainment? I've tried the old methods using the POIDB and the German site to create a file but it won't import it.

Wondering if there is a new way for the newer devices?

Cheers,

Lammi

So recreated the file on a new SD card. Now says "update available" when I insert it into the SD card slot, but not matter what I do it won't detect the update when performing it!

Any help would be most appreciated!

Users Country Flag
    Did you use the tool on the German Website to create your POI file?
    Discover Pro < Volkswagen NAV-Companion < Volkswagen Deutschland

If so, once you have your zip file, open the zip file. In it you will find a folder with two or three additional folders. Open the one named "MIB2HIGH" and copy the contents onto your SD card.

See if that works.

Users Country Flag
    I have the same issue, the import file works perfectly on a My16 MIB2, however it won't import to a My18 Golf Comfortline. Seems there has been a file format change, perhaps the German web site needs an update for the current Discovery head units ?

If anyone has managed to import POI's to a Mk 7.5 I'd be interested to know how?
    Last edited by Peteintas; 25-02-2018 at 03:06 PM.
    My16 Golf Alltrack, DAP
    MY18 Golf Comfortline

Quick bump as i am still interested if a solution exists

Users Country Flag
    Hello... I read the Ozzie boards since some people know what they are talking about.

Anyhow since VW pulled their POI import site yet again and I don't reckon it's coming back and I was using Primordials crib sheet

Thus I reckon if VAG aren't doing anything on POI import via an SD card then "Point Inspector" PO is the place to look. May be you guys can get the MIB2.5 working with it with him. I want the speed camera sounds as well for MIB2.5 which Car-net doesn't support, but then you guys don't have Car-net so your excellent prey for me to get this sorted .

Edit - the programmer now has this working with MIB2 and MIB2.5 with all variations see below.
    Last edited by Tell; 15-06-2018 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Duplicate post - so adjusted it

Users Country Flag

MIB2 / MIB2.5 POI Import Program with Warbles

OK I've popped over from the UK to tell you about the POI import program

POInspect0r

It's a fast moving subject since when I typed the last post and it got lost in newbie moderation, the programmer Radas sent me an email saying he's now got it sorted for his Mib2.5 Columbus Skoda with the the warble sounds.

>>
    I have good news, I succesfully imported personal pois into my Columbus in new Skoda Superb, it is similar to latest Discovery Pro units.

Latest PI 6.5 version is working! Imported about 30k pois, Poi warning works as well.
    <<

So we have warbles and import for MIB2.5 and MIB2 now.... That's on 6.5 release. It's a program worth exploring especially if you don't have Carnet.... and you want warbles as well.... On the blog link the Columbus is your MIB2.5 High (if it's called that with the SSD) whilst the other one is the MIB2.5 not high. Warbles are acknowledged on the MIB2.5 High unit... don't know about the other.

Here's my documentation of it on a MIB2High... Just get your siblings correct as per the screen in the example:

Uploading Speed Camera / POIs - Tail of Woe - VW Pulled the Update Site Again | SEATCupra.net Forums

We're onto release 6.6 now - said it was fast moving subject. Basically the MIB2.5 High is supported via the MIB2High toggle so it gets the POIs from there. Some adjustment had to be done to that part of the output. Pass on what that was. So whilst German boards were full of that the VW site upload didn't work with MIB2.5 that's been fixed in POInspect0r program.

What I do is keep a copy of the EXE release so I can swap back and forward between versions. Just got to install 6.6 now.

It warbles along nicely on a MIB2High and MIB2.5 High SSD. It's a peppercorn one off cost 9 Euros. The developer was very good at sorting out the MIB2High issue with me - I pointed him to some Github code and some MIB2.5 commercial POI files that had been posted up to get the syntax out of them if VW aren't giving that out. So the program has been sorted for MIB2 High and now MIB2.5 High and from the website other variations. VW pulling the upload site created revised interest in getting the program working with variations plus the Carnet business that, that doesn't support generating the warble toggle on speed cameras. If this ever comes to Seat I'm not going to pay to have the car online.

(I've done my bit now for Australia or not - basically keep a copy of what works for you so if the next release has a wobble you have one that works till it's fixed.)
    Last edited by Tell; 15-06-2018 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Update

Users Country Flag
    I am having a similar issue, I am still unable to install POIs to my Discover Media unit. Can anyone help?

I copied the files to the correctly formatted SD card and plugged in to slot 2. Went to menu - manage memory - install My POIs - Update but I always got the same message:

7.5 Discover Pro Infotainment POI update-img_2583-jpg

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
    I am having a similar issue, I am still unable to install POIs to my Discover Media unit. Can anyone help?

I copied the files to the correctly formatted SD card and plugged in to slot 2. Went to menu - manage memory - install My POIs - Update but I always got the same message:

7.5 Discover Pro Infotainment POI update-img_2583-jpg
    I had no luck with this either, same error message on the 2018 Golf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    My16 Golf Alltrack, DAP
    MY18 Golf Comfortline

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Peteintas View Post
    I had no luck with this either, same error message on the 2018 Golf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SUCCESS!
    Kudos to Tell who popped over from London to tell us about the POInspector software.
    I followed the links in his post, downloaded the POInspector software, read the manual, imported the speed camera POIs, copied the data to an SD card and finally my Discover Media unit could see it! Finally!
    Last edited by PeteC; 18-07-2018 at 08:24 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast