Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 Channel Dash Cam with Parking Mode - Thinkware, Blackview or iRoad

2 Channel Dash Cam with Parking Mode - Thinkware, Blackview or iRoad

Hi guys

Wife has approved on getting a 2 channel dash camera with parking mode. Currently in the market for one, but in no rush really. I've nailed my search down to:

1. Blackvue DR650S-2CH with Power Magic Pro
    2. Thinkview F770
    3. iRoad V9

Now, both the Thinkview and iRoad can be imported from the UK for around the $450 mark. I'm not sure what the thoughts are on that? Blackvue can be bought for $450 mark also with the current 20% coupon on eBay.

The only think that is putting me off the Blackvue is the 720P rear camera - love the slick look and design.

Thoughts and recommendations?

Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Buy a Blackvue 650 1ch and a DR450 1 ch and have the best of both worlds . Be very careful on Ebay or you may end up with a Korean speaking version I bought my DR500 from Korea but was easy to change language. Not so easy on later models I bought the 450 recently on one of those special online nights from here

Blackvue Dashcams - All New DR650S Models Available

i have fitted about 7 Blackvues and apart from replacing the batteries in two of them have had no trouble in temps from -15 in Canada to 40+ in Texas and home here in QLD.
    AM running 128gb cards in all of mine without problems, even in the ones that only supposedly support 32gb
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

How will it work from a parking mode's perspective if I were to go down the route of a 650 + 450 combo?

Users Country Flag
    I'm very happy with the Navman Mivue.
    I've used the Blackvues in the kids cars but, all 3 Blackvues failed after 2 years, with the sensor producing yellow images
    While the Navman I bought many years ago still works like new.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by pandas View Post
    How will it work from a parking mode's perspective if I were to go down the route of a 650 + 450 combo?
    Ok the Old PM pro had two outlets on it to run two cameras but cost more.
    What I did was buy a ciggy socket from Jaycar and solder the wires in to the two oulet wires on a normal PM Worked good for two years so must be OK I also ran the PM off Addafuses in the fuse panel. Best to do it properly otherwise you may come out to a pile of smouldering metal one day if as some have done , just stuffed wires down the side of fuses.

You dont really need the GPS in a rear camera but its only $30 extra to get one for the 450 I put one in mine.

Not sure about a Navman as Product Review reveals this Navman MiVue Reviews - ProductReview.com.au

In fairness some have a good run, some dont so while Transporter has success with Navman and not Blackvue, my experience has been different as has the several friends who I have installed them for.

Also the form factor of the BV is much less obtrusive and neater

Users Country Flag
    Ok, so bit the bullet today and purchased a Blackvue DR650S-1CH with the bonus Blackvue Power Magic Pro and a Blackvue (PITTASOFT) 64GB micro SD card from Automotive Superstore; https://automotivesuperstore.com.au/...qZ0aAiQh8P8HAQ

I also received an additional 5% off to match another online competitor.

Hopefully should have it on Monday and will look to get installed on the Passat later in the week.
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
    Ok, so bit the bullet today and purchased a Blackvue DR650S-1CH with the bonus Blackvue Power Magic Pro and a Blackvue (PITTASOFT) 64GB micro SD card from Automotive Superstore; https://automotivesuperstore.com.au/...qZ0aAiQh8P8HAQ

I also received an additional 5% off to match another online competitor.

Hopefully should have it on Monday and will look to get installed on the Passat later in the week.
    Very good but under no circumstances follow the instructions about wrapping wires around fuse legs Get an addafuse and do it the right way. Cant hear what they are saying as am in temp accomodation and have no sound on computer atm

Also when using an addafuse make sure you fit it the correct way as below You need a multimeter to find the hot side of the fuse sockets and make sure thats the way you fit it

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for the info Hillbilly!
    The dashcam arrived today also!
    Will look to get installed next week sometime.
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Ended biting the bullet and purchase a DR650S-2CH.

Any recommendations on which constant live fuse to tap it into, or does it not really matter?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pandas View Post
    Ended biting the bullet and purchase a DR650S-2CH.

Any recommendations on which constant live fuse to tap it into, or does it not really matter?
    Only connect it to a constant supply if you are also using a Power Magic otherwise you will run the battery flat possibly overnight.

Best to connect to an AUx fuse if you have only the cameras

As you dont say what car you have I have included some pics of my Passat wiring. Unfortunately I cant remember which is always on and which is Aux and also different models may use different fuses. Mine is a Highline with everything 2nd pic shows the cable to the front camera going up into the gap between A pillar and dash.

I used different fuses in spare slots Not Addasfuses but I dont hink Jaycar sell these any more

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast