Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 Channel Dash Cam with Parking Mode - Thinkware, Blackview or iRoad

Will be going into a R36 passat B6, would the 2011 be a B6 or B7? The fuse layout should be pretty similar I suspect.

Yeah bought it with a power magic pro, I have a mini 0806 which is currently tapped into a mini blade, am I correct to say the non mini would be your constant live?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by pandas View Post
    Will be going into a R36 passat B6, would the 2011 be a B6 or B7? The fuse layout should be pretty similar I suspect.

Yeah bought it with a power magic pro, I have a mini 0806 which is currently tapped into a mini blade, am I correct to say the non mini would be your constant live?
    Quite possibly if the other one is always on I used spare sockets and metered them out to find which ones to use Found the ACC one by checking and then leaving for 30 mins and check again as some have quite a delay before they turn off completely. Have removed the PM as dont really need parking mode so have both cameras running off the same fuse now
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 16-06-2017 at 03:25 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by pandas View Post

The R36 is a B6.
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Apologies I mean *would your*, seeing that Hillbilly has a 2011 Passat

Users Country Flag
    Do you guys leave the LED's on when in parking mode?
    I started with this, but I have since switched off the LED as it attracts a lot of attention flashing away up there!
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
    Do you guys leave the LED's on when in parking mode?
    I started with this, but I have since switched off the LED as it attracts a lot of attention flashing away up there!
    All the LEDs on my cameras are turned off always

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    All the LEDs on my cameras are turned off always
    And the Wi-Fi LED...
    Is there a way to turn that off (I assume you have to turn the Wi-Fi Direct off permanently for that)?
    Or does it turn off when the REC and GPS LED's are off too.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
    And the Wi-Fi LED...
    Is there a way to turn that off (I assume you have to turn the Wi-Fi Direct off permanently for that)?
    Or does it turn off when the REC and GPS LED's are off too.
    I never use it either I bought the cameras as insurance for evidence and as I havent needed to use them for that I never bother looking at the footage. I just format the cards every couple of months and put them back in.

If i need to look at them I put the SD card in my PC and look or save what I want Cant stand waiting for tiny phone screen to buffer endlessly. If needed I can turn the Wifi on to show a cop if needed.

Am not into looking at uninteresting footage or making Youtube videos.
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 17-06-2017 at 02:15 PM.

What sized microSD card are you using ? Do you get much footage out of it and are you using a genuine Blackvue or 3rd party? Considering getting a 64gb, a Lexar high endurance will cost $50 whereas a genuine blackvue would be $20 more.

Users Country Flag

I ordered the package that included a 64GB PITTASOFT (BlackVue) SD Card.
    If you do a little research they are MLC SD Cards, so are pretty good and definatley suited to Dashcams; https://www.blackvue.com.au/product/accessories/

I was actually going to purchase a Lexar 633X 64GB SD Card, but as mentioned the deal cam with a genuine SD Card.

Here is a link to get one for $55; Lexar High-Performance microSDXC UHS-I 64GB - 95MB/s

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast