Support VWWC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Repco full synthetic 5W-30

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by drjekl View Post
    Haha yes a good price through clever 'scheming'

When I returned the 5W30 A3B4 oil which I had acquired at $29.99 I didnt have a receipt (SCA had no idea what I had paid for the oil so had assumed normal RRP).

So the full price of the A3B4 oil was something like $75 and the DPF 504/507 was $79, so I only had to pay an extra $4 odd to make up the difference when exchanging the A3/B4 for the DPF blend

So with a genuine VW filter, VW one use sump plug and castrol DPF 5W30 my oil change only cost $65.

The previous owner was paying $200+ at ultratune....
    A bit different when the whole story is told isnt it. Even if it was a bit dishonest
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by drjekl View Post

The previous owner was paying $200+ at ultratune....
    Would you be confident Ultratune were using 504/507? I don't think i would risk buying 2nd hand with an Ultratune stamp in the service book...
    Current: MY18 TRANSPORTER CrewVan, Indium Grey
    Previous: MY10 Tiguan 2.0TSI, Silver Leaf, APR StgII tune + many mod's

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    A bit different when the whole story is told isnt it. Even if it was a bit dishonest
    The whole story was explained in my initial post

Hmm well I purchased a heap of the A3/B4 oil (30L) and had two left at the time of acquiring my passat. I wouldn't say it was dishonest as I didn't have the receipt since it was purchased ages ago and merely wanted to exchange it which SCA gladly obliged to

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MGV View Post
    Would you be confident Ultratune were using 504/507? I don't think i would risk buying 2nd hand with an Ultratune stamp in the service book...
    Hmm never can be sure, its the same at dealerships though!

The invoice had castrol professional 1L x 5 and was invoiced at something like $25-30 per L (which as you would know the professional product comes only in 1L) so I'm as confident as one can be, based purely on an invoice...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123