Support VWWC

Thread: BP Ultimate

Users Country Flag

BP Ultimate

BP announcement; a new additive to their fuels
    General News Fuels - BP improves Ultimate petrol and diesel | GoAuto

Users Country Flag
    They probably spent millions on it. But without independent testing it's all just marketing guff.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    They probably spent millions on it. But without independent testing it's all just marketing guff.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    haha, there are a few true believers though

In the UK Shell have, as their premium fuels, Nitro Plus (extremely popular it seems)........so I wonder what happened to V Power over there, and why don't they supply it here?.
    Or is it all just more marketing hype?.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryeman View Post
    In the UK Shell have, as their premium fuels, Nitro Plus (extremely popular it seems)........so I wonder what happened to V Power over there, and why don't they supply it here?.
    Or is it all just more marketing hype?.
    Shell V-Power Nitro+ is 99ron in the UK and here is some background; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shell_V-Power
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Quote Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
    Shell V-Power Nitro+ is 99ron in the UK and here is some background; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shell_V-Power
    Yeah, but they don't brand their Diesel as having ANY sort of premium additive which seems odd seeing the trend to so many diesels out here.
    Maybe it is more to do with Wesfarmers owning the Shell retail rights but not really into fuel marketing like Caltex and BP in particular but more like 7/11 with Mobil.

Users Country Flag
    Just filled up a full tank of BP Ultimate for $1.24/L in the VR. I assume it's the new one as they had advertising everywhere. Will let you know how it goes. Previous tank was United 98 (or whatever they call it)
    Past - '95 VW Golf MK3 VR6
    Present - '11 Ford Focus LW Diesel (PSA DW10C)

Users Country Flag
    Didn't have any tangible effect on fuel economy. Weirdly I did however seem to get better idling performance maybe something to do with slightly more power from each combustion with BP.
    Past - '95 VW Golf MK3 VR6
    Present - '11 Ford Focus LW Diesel (PSA DW10C)

Viva Energy, a division of Vitol of France, produces the fuel branded as Shell, so I wonder what you're actually getting.