Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome Aussie Eos Owners

Users Country Flag

Talking Welcome Aussie Eos Owners

We here at VWwatercooled.org Welcome all Eos Owners and Buyers.

This new forum is for all Eos Owners and Buyers to talk specs, GTG & who has what etc.

So Enjoy the VW Experience
    Aus Liebe zum Automobil (For the Love of the Car)

phaeton aka Ben
    Last edited by phaeton; 25-05-2007 at 01:12 PM.
    - Ben

1961 Karmann Ghia Coupé - 1993 Golf Cabriolet - 2006 Golf Comfortline 1.9L TDI
    2008 Jetta 2.0L FSI

Hey Ben

Living in Sydney and waiting for my Eos which will hopefully be delivered next month

Thanks for the invite.
    125i Sport Convertible | Alpine White | Coral Red | M261 18" | Debadged | Harman Kardon | Extended Mobile Phone Connectivity

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Welcome aboard Leigh
    - Ben

2008 Jetta 2.0L FSI

Ordered our Eos and have to wait until November,such is life!
    Widebody Cayman S Turbo, 83 ur Quattro
    2000 996 C4 cab,12 Scirocco R OEM+ STG2+
    72 914 (3.2S boxster pwr), 92 G60 Corrado
    76 Scirocco(TFSI and DSG) 2018 Tiguan,Eureka,81 924.

Quote Originally Posted by aprr32 View Post
    Ordered our Eos and have to wait until November,such is life!
    Why November ?

Is it a special order ?

& Welcome to these parts aprr32

ps whats the 914 like to drive ?
    - Ben

2008 Jetta 2.0L FSI

they just didn't have the spec car that my wife wanted.914 is great to drive but will be better when the 2.5 Boxster engine is fitted.
    Widebody Cayman S Turbo, 83 ur Quattro
    2000 996 C4 cab,12 Scirocco R OEM+ STG2+
    72 914 (3.2S boxster pwr), 92 G60 Corrado
    76 Scirocco(TFSI and DSG) 2018 Tiguan,Eureka,81 924.

Quote Originally Posted by phaeton View Post
    Why November ?

Is it a special order ?

& Welcome to these parts aprr32

ps whats the 914 like to drive ?

That is the story if you want any Eos that is built to order Ben. There are some cars that are available before that if you want to settle for what the Dealers have already ordered but IMHO they really haven't given a great deal of thought to the way some cars are spec'd. Luckily mine was ordered in December before the inevitable rush
    125i Sport Convertible | Alpine White | Coral Red | M261 18" | Debadged | Harman Kardon | Extended Mobile Phone Connectivity

Quote Originally Posted by aprr32 View Post
    they just didn't have the spec car that my wife wanted.914 is great to drive but will be better when the 2.5 Boxster engine is fitted.
    Ok I see and ::jaw dropped:: Boxter engine in 914 thats crazy

Quote Originally Posted by sydeos View Post
    That is the story if you want any Eos that is built to order Ben. There are some cars that are available before that if you want to settle for what the Dealers have already ordered but IMHO they really haven't given a great deal of thought to the way some cars are spec'd. Luckily mine was ordered in December before the inevitable rush

So Leigh what spec do you think VGA should do in now or in future ?
    - Ben

2008 Jetta 2.0L FSI

Quote Originally Posted by phaeton View Post
    So Leigh what spec do you think VGA should do in now or in future ?
    Hey Ben I think you misunderstood me a little. The Eos as equipped in standard form for the Australian market has a pretty complete list of options apart from the V6 that allows us to have the car as we want it unlike a few markets overseas. My complaint related to the cars that have been spec'd be either VW or the Dealers in the initial build for Australia that weren't customer orders.

For instance there are very few cars with Nappa Leather unless you want to go Individual. Also cars on 18" and Dynaudio are rare unless you go for Individual and Nav options.

Maybe I am very different in what I want but I would have thought leather, bigger wheels and upgraded sound would be a fairly popular choice by the car buying public. As evidenced by most manufacturers doing just that for their multi model cars lines.

However from what I have been told this mix of options is almost non-existent in the initial build for Australia and hence you have to order which means a long wait.

Quote Originally Posted by sydeos View Post
    Hey Ben I think you misunderstood me a little. The Eos as equipped in standard form for the Australian market has a pretty complete list of options apart from the V6 that allows us to have the car as we want it unlike a few markets overseas. My complaint related to the cars that have been spec'd be either VW or the Dealers in the initial build for Australia that weren't customer orders.

For instance there are very few cars with Nappa Leather unless you want to go Individual. Also cars on 18" and Dynaudio are rare unless you go for Individual and Nav options.

Maybe I am very different in what I want but I would have thought leather, bigger wheels and upgraded sound would be a fairly popular choice by the car buying public. As evidenced by most manufacturers doing just that for their multi model cars lines.

However from what I have been told this mix of options is almost non-existent in the initial build for Australia and hence you have to order which means a long wait.

Ohh I see now

I think were getting the V6 according to the press
    - Ben

2008 Jetta 2.0L FSI

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast