Support VWWC

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome Aussie Eos Owners

Eos Update

Spoke to my Dealer for an update today.

Production date - 22/03/07.

Shipping Departure date - 13/04/07

Shipping arrival date - 22/05/07.

Delivery date - Hoping for the week of the 04/06/07.

Fingers crossed
    125i Sport Convertible | Alpine White | Coral Red | M261 18" | Debadged | Harman Kardon | Extended Mobile Phone Connectivity

brackie Guest

Melbeos

We have anew member "Melbeos". I wonder where he/she is from
    Hasn't posted yet.......

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Cool the more the better

I think we have 4 Officially now

Welcome all

aprr32
    sydeos
    de7158
    melbeos
    - Ben

1961 Karmann Ghia Coupé - 1993 Golf Cabriolet - 2006 Golf Comfortline 1.9L TDI
    2008 Jetta 2.0L FSI

melbeos Guest
    Hi Ben, thanks for the invite. Have been following the VWVortex site for awhile getting owners thoughts/opinion/high/lows etc to help form my choice. Great that there is an oz site to read and share experiences.

Hi Brackie, thought the login id would have been a clue. l'm from melbourne. It appears we currently have a member from each state.

Ordered my turbo eos (black on black leather, dsg, chicago wheels, bi x) mid march and was told delivery would be in sept/oct. Like Sydeos, dealer rang and said production brought forward from week 25 to week 15 and will now arrive early july.surprised but not disappointed

Interested to hear everybodys thoughts about the car so far (ie exceeded all expections, delivery issues, any leaks, etc)

Your Most Welome Melbeos

Can't wait to see pics of Eos' on here
    I think we too wait in anticipation with most owners for the Eos
    - Ben

2008 Jetta 2.0L FSI

melbeos Guest
    Ben, when is yours expected to be delivered?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by melbeos View Post
    Ben, when is yours expected to be delivered?
    Sorry my English sucks on the net

What I mean't was WE the forum wait with you guys in Spirit for the Eos to arrive

I won't be buying an Eos anytime soon don't have the $$$$$$
    - Ben

2008 Jetta 2.0L FSI

eosguy Guest
    I've had mine since the start of the month, I'm delighted with it. I figured the standard features were good enough (with the added bonus of leather, metallic paint and DSG), and the other extras weren't worth waiting until the end of the year for. I hope you all get yours soon, and are just as delighted!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by eosguy View Post
    I've had mine since the start of the month, I'm delighted with it. I figured the standard features were good enough (with the added bonus of leather, metallic paint and DSG), and the other extras weren't worth waiting until the end of the year for. I hope you all get yours soon, and are just as delighted!
    Welcome eosguy

Have any pics ?
    - Ben

2008 Jetta 2.0L FSI

Hello Ben and fellow members.

Great idea to have an Aussie site.
    Have had an interest in the other EOS forum sites around the world.

Quick brief (ignore this if you have read this before on VWVortex)

EOS is a surprise gift for my long suffering wife.

Have been in car buying process for last 12 - 18 months (To be honest, never out of the car buying process... always assessing new releases.

Have been following EOS since concept car. With the world release delay from excessive wind noise on the preproduction cars, and then a redesign of the roof seals ,thought i may have to look at other options.

Set a self imposed budget of around $60,000. After test driving IS250, C180K, 320 BMW, Golf, Jetta, Passat, Maxda MX5, MPS 6, Audi A4, Honda Euro, Subaru Liberty, Peugot sedan & coupe, Citroen C5.. i think that was it.....only because Lin refused to test drive any more cars. (she gives up easily)

Was close to pulling the trigger on a IS250 about 12 months ago....just seemed to miss (with me, Lin was pretty happy) that wow factor for the price. Plenty of bling bling though.
    All the cars on that list i would have been happy with, not estatic.. just happy!

Wife thinks i have ordered (with a bit of help from myself & kids) a ....get this.. "the new English spec Honda Euro Auto diesel" ....hence the delivery time.. awaiting for Aussie release. She knew i was buying a diesel.

Had to go down that path as we were visiting Brisbane Motor Show with the Eos on display, and she would have twigged or wanted one. As it turned out she didn't want to go through display of VW at the show! Could have been because of previous 12 months of testing cars. I think i might have broken her spirit!

I know Lin will be happy with the EOS as she has said that we will definitely buy a fun car eg. convertible after the "Honda". I think she believes i have gone all old & fuddy duddy on her buying the "Honda".

I don't need gratification or status from a badge. Eos is excellent value for money and ticks all the boxes we require, when compared with the other options including BMW, Mercedes, Saab and Volvo. Best part .. the VW EOS flies under the elitist radar with clients in our line of work in the construction industry. Any luxury euro brand has historically been proven, by myself and colleagues, bad for business.

As we are 48 year old empty nesters, (children 25,23,21) the Eos suits our current needs/wants, and the TDI DSG suits my particular fetish. Don't need to go fast... just want to feel like it (torque). A lot cheaper with the speeding tickets!

Hope for delivery around 2nd or 3rd week in June.

Ben, we appreciate your role as moderator, (we haven't tested it yet )Wouldn't have this and other sites if it wasn't for generous people like yourself.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast