Thread: Service costs

Service costs

Hey guys I'm trying to convince my parents that they would save money leasing a new eos than keeping our 12 yer old pajero (somehow) and was just wondering what the average service costs for a 2012 model 155TSI are roughly?
    Thanks in advance, Mac
    Last edited by Cookie28; 15-06-2011 at 12:03 PM.
    2014 Golf GTI PP - Pure White

it depends who you go to... I pay about 300 each service
    An eos is the same as the Golf but you need to lube the seals every 6 months

the DSG has a costly oil change at 60000km
    Main Dub:
    2010 Crafter Hanover Bus
    1956 Type 1
    2015 vRS wagon black on black

ok thanks man will definitely let the parents know with it being that cheap

Users Country Flag
    Despite the finance costs it is significantly cheaper to own and drive than the Honda I owned outright, it was just getting to the age when things were just starting to be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by MADHUN View Post
    Despite the finance costs it is significantly cheaper to own and drive than the Honda I owned outright, it was just getting to the age when things were just starting to be replaced.
    This is exactly what's happening with our car now and atm, the last service was $500 but the two before that were $2000+ which is definitely not good especially as they want to go to Europe in 2013!!!

Users Country Flag
    It's probably still cheaper to run the Pajero unless it's a bucket of poo. You need to factor in depreciation, etc.

Pajero to EOS? seems an odd move. Is that what they want or what you want? My Sister has an EOS & despite my previous ownership of a MK3.5 Cabrio, I'd much rather the practicality of my Octavia hatch. (But she also has a Holden 1 tonner, so that takes care of the load carrying requirements when needed)
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Haha yeah it is a big change but its my mums dream car and they would probably like a touareg more but they cant afford it. My mums always wanted a convertible and since seeing the eos at the motorshow the first year it came out shes loved it mainly due to the sunroof and we went for a test drive on monday and both my mum and step dad pretty much fell in love and i can say ive never been in a speeding car with my step dad driving until monday haha