Thread: Out with the old and in with the new

Out with the old and in with the new

So, after just over 4 1/2 years of owning my Eos, I finally decided to update to a new Eos. It was sad to see the old car go, my wife and I have enjoyed some wonderful times in her, none more so than a summertime tour of the Snowy Mountains and the Victorian high country a few years back. Highly recommended for everybody to do such a trip at least once in their lifetime.

I must admit that I felt a tinge of sadness at parting with her but was was fortunate to find a buyer who I know will get great enjoyment from and will look after the car.

I took a few "new Vs old" photos just before the buyer came to pick the old one up.

Cheers

George
    06 Jetta 2.0TFSI Killed by a Lexus!
    09 Eos 2.0TSI DSG Loved this car but has now gone to a new home!!
    14 EOS 2.0 TSI has arrived!

Users Country Flag
    Cool shots George

As owner of the MkV Jetta I think I still prefer the chrome grill like over the update.

The Eos IMO will be the Karmann Ghia of the future as owners don't always look after them correctly, they will become a rarity.
    Do you plan to keep the Eos a fair while George?
    - Ben

1961 Karmann Ghia Coupé - 1993 Golf Cabriolet - 2006 Golf Comfortline 1.9L TDI
    2008 Jetta 2.0L FSI

Users Country Flag
    Which is the new one (serious).

I had a Mk3.5 Cabrio before the current Skoda. I think everyone should own a roofless vehicle at some point.

Personally, it would drive me batty buying what appears to be almost the same vehicle (I assume they haven't changed much over the years) but I rarely watch movies twice or go to the same resteraunttwice so that's me.

My Sister has an EOS. Nice car and suprisingly reliable.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

The Eos is being discontinued soon,so lucky to get one of the last ones