Thread: Touareg R5 Missing/juddering under acceleration

Users Country Flag

Touareg R5 Missing/juddering under acceleration

Hi guys,

After some insight from the forum if you don't mind on my 2005 R5 7L reg.

Now, this may just be a e coincidence - but I replaced the stepper motor in the transfer case , upon acceleration, usually under load ( up a hill/incline) , it is like a fuel starvation problem.

It's defiantly not the centre propshaft, I know that vibration, this is clearly a power problem.

Fuel, coil pack, or something electrical.

The stepper motor installation is straight forward, there's only one way to get it off and one way to get it on, so that installation can't be stuffed up- so I'm doubtful that is the cause.

If anyone has had any of these types of problems I'd love to hear from you on how you fixed it.

PS: I videoed the replacement of my stepper motor so will edit it up and upload to YT and post the link when done.

Thank in advance.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Hi Guys, ok found the problem.

A faulty injector !!!

The guys at Volkwerke diagnosed that one injector was faulty, in fact staying on too long.

After sticker shock ($1000 each injector) I got a very low K set from ASV in Melbourne, and of course my high pressure fuel pump died at the same time!

Anyway $4000 later( much better that's 7k) she's back on the road!!!

This is tricky to diagnose because these are a mechanical injector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    R36 | Biscay Blue, Jetta V GT (Golf GTi with a boot really), Touareg T5 Luxury (300,000 K's and going strong)