Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RNS-510 Question

RNS-510 Question

Hi Guys,

I have scanned the RNS-510 with VagCom, and it scans a lot of detail but leaves the firmware version blank (just dotted lines......) I wanted to know what firmware I had so I could go through a careful upgrade path and not brick the thing. Any ideas?

Gus
    2009 V6 TDI....Marvellous....

Users Country Flag
    If you have VCDS you can enable development mode, then you can hold down the setup button on the RNS (keep holding it) until you get the 'secret menu' which will give you version information.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Rns-510

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    If you have VCDS you can enable development mode, then you can hold down the setup button on the RNS (keep holding it) until you get the 'secret menu' which will give you version information.
    Thanks, not sure how to enable development mode, I'll read the VCDS manual. The secret menu can appear on some firmware versions by holding setup, but not on mine. I purchased VCDS and the adaptor to sort this and some other weird indications of faults I get intermittently.

Thanks for the info, I'll take a look.............

Gus

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by biggus View Post
    Thanks, not sure how to enable development mode, I'll read the VCDS manual. The secret menu can appear on some firmware versions by holding setup, but not on mine. I purchased VCDS and the adaptor to sort this and some other weird indications of faults I get intermittently.

Thanks for the info, I'll take a look.............

Gus
    Sorry I should have clarified - you want to enable development test mode on the RNS USING VCDS.
    Open address 47 navigation, then go to coding and turn on test mode, then reboot the RNS for it to take effect.

2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Rns-510 - vcds

Brilliant - thanks Kamold. I'll try it on the weekend.

Sorry I should have clarified - you want to enable development test mode on the RNS USING VCDS.
    Open address 47 navigation, then go to coding and turn on test mode, then reboot the RNS for it to take effect.

Thanks Kamold,

Works. Changed 0 to 1 and did the soft reboot and can now see the menu. Have 0802 in the RNS, now just will check on various forums if an upgrade will give me any additional features.....

Thanks again,

Gus

Users Country Flag
    Earliest firmware version I've heard of is 0900.
    What is the part number?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

RNS

Part No is 7L6 035 680B

HW version H02

Earliest firmware version I've heard of is 0900.
    What is the part number?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

The DAB option is there but greyed out, as is BT Audio - that's why I was lookt at FW upgrades to see if I could get these features usable.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biggus View Post
    The DAB option is there but greyed out, as is BT Audio - that's why I was lookt at FW upgrades to see if I could get these features usable.
    Dab and bluetooth require seperate hardware, they cannot be enabled with a firmware update.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast