Thread: P0471 sensor fault (exhaust pressure sensor G450)

P0471 sensor fault (exhaust pressure sensor G450)

Hi guys.
    Check engine light came on my 2008 V6 TDI and the fault code is P0471 which leads me to a faulty exhaust differential pressure sensor.

Looks pretty easy to replace myself but I need a vagcom/VCDS to recalibrate for the new one. I've ordered a Hex-net v2 from Ross tech but won't arrive until early next week.

If I replace the part do you think it will be ok to drive around on for a couple of days until I get the computer to recalibrate through vcds?

Users Country Flag
    Probably wouldn't advise it, but at least try key on/off 3 times to resest the ECU.

Ok, does cycling the ignition reset the ecu and clear fault codes?

Dont need car today so I'll just ring dealer tomorrow, hopefully they can fit it in for me and it's an inexpensive fix.

My vcds cable from Ross tech is due to be delivered on Monday so it's just inconvenient timing for now.

Users Country Flag
    It's worth trying, most likely it will work.
    Good luck with getting the old sensor out and installing the new one in.

Users Country Flag
    It works on some VWs, but not all.

The nipples on the sensor usually break off when removing the hoses.

Rang up the dealer today the part is $113. Also spoke to the local VW mechanic and I've booked my car in for Monday for him to look at, he's going to plug it into his computer and check the DPF as well as do a physical inspection on the related parts. Will keep you posted on how I get on for anyone else that has a similar fault.

Got an update for this one and it isn't good.
    DPF sensor is likely faulty and is going to be swapped over for new one. The engine thermostat has also been sticking open and not maintaining the engine temp at 90-95 degrees so the car has been over fuelling which has clogged the egr and dpf which are both getting cleaned out. DPF will be cleaned with a solution and then a forced re-gen carried out also.