Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying Tips for a used 7L/7P Touareg

Users Country Flag

sorry...just saw this.
    Running an Eaz-Lift weight distribution system.

The Touareg is fitted with OEM towbar (full factory spec), and I have a Hayman Reese tongue that get's used when towing 6x4 trailer, or the the car trailer (drift comp car). The Eaz-Lift system get's hooked up when the caravan is attached.
    Last edited by FJ Steve; 15-11-2015 at 08:58 PM.
    MY16 Touareg 4.2Lt V8 TDI/Pure White LED lightbox/REDARC Brake Controller/ Racechip/iDrive Throttle controller
    2008 GOLF .:R32/5DR DBPE DSG/SUNROOF/RNS510/PRIVACY TINT/CONTI SC3s/MILLTEK CATBACK NON-RES/9W2 BT/"MYR-032"

Users Country Flag
    Hi All,

This question more directed to FJ Steve, but anyone would like to hear from anyone with the V6 TDI Touareg.

1. I have been working from the following as a "buying tips" list for when I'm ready to go start looking at Touaregs to buy. Anything needed to be added here for Australian conditions?

Buying a used Touareg. What to look for. - myTreg forums

2. On paper I think something like a MY08 V6 TDI Touareg will suit my needs pretty well (family chariot, comfortable on long trips, capable of decent 4x4 & towing). I'm still looking for solid information on the sort of servicing costs I can expect in Australia as some people are telling me VW are super expensive. Also wondering about the sort of costs I might be up for if something more serious goes wrong (such as the points mentioned in the above link)?

Users Country Flag
    Hi brashquido.

PM rec'd mate.

I'd suggest you join : Club Touareg - Volkswagen Touareg Owners Community

Lots of knowledgeable folk, and a very active Australian section. All the answers to the questions you will ask, and the questions you never thought of will be there.
    MY16 Touareg 4.2Lt V8 TDI/Pure White LED lightbox/REDARC Brake Controller/ Racechip/iDrive Throttle controller
    2008 GOLF .:R32/5DR DBPE DSG/SUNROOF/RNS510/PRIVACY TINT/CONTI SC3s/MILLTEK CATBACK NON-RES/9W2 BT/"MYR-032"

Users Country Flag
    Will do. Thanks FJ Steve

Users Country Flag
    Not trying to hijack this thread, but it is regarding buying tips so stuff it...

Why are these cars holding their value so much? I can get a new base Touareg for just north of $60k (leasing). I'm seeing older model used with 50k+ on the clocks for that much. What am I missing?
    2016 GTI Performance | Pure White | JB1 | Dog Bone | Full Tint | Stop/Start Delete | Avatar by sandwg

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by mattaus View Post
    Not trying to hijack this thread, but it is regarding buying tips so stuff it...

Why are these cars holding their value so much? I can get a new base Touareg for just north of $60k (leasing). I'm seeing older model used with 50k+ on the clocks for that much. What am I missing?
    Maybe the older ones are more off road capable.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by snerlo View Post
    Hi guys,
    I am new to the world of Touareg's and would like to ask some of you guys with regards to personal experiences. Thanks guys.
    A V10, car sales has a few on sale, can be had for under $40,000. Just got one $36,500, 97,000Km.
    MY07 V10 TDi Touareg
    98,000 Km
    HPF flash tune - 273 rwkW & 813 Nm

Quote Originally Posted by V10Touareg View Post
    A V10, car sales has a few on sale, can be had for under $40,000. Just got one $36,500, 97,000Km.
    Can't wait to here your stories of horror when the beast starts to play up. Lets see, 100k is about the time major surgery is performed on most of them.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc R, Audi Q5
    Past VWs- T-Roc R-Line, Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

So,
    Gents, I started this thread a little while ago now and it looks like I am back looking at the big T's. Our territory is a great car and it can get the job done towing our large caravan, but I think we have made a decision to look into something with a higher towing capacity and a little more oomph!! So 8 speed 180kw 3.0L TDI, here we come. The fun is just starting again!!! Gotta sell the terri too!! Anyone out there towing large vans etc with their Touaregs?
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12