Thread: Any R50 owners?

Users Country Flag

Any R50 owners?

Hi All,

I've had an R36 for some time and I love it! In the market for something a bit bigger with growing kids and saw one of these beast drive past the other day and thought it would be a happy compromise.

Just looking for any experiences, especially with any issues, ongoing maintenance and buying one second hand.

Cheers

Users Country Flag
    There's not that many around mate, and if there are, some are asking silly money. I literally just went through this a couple of months ago to join my R36. I actually ended up with a 2013 V8TDI 7P. Animal of a car!! Quicker, nicer looking, much nicer interior, more economical, 8 speed gearbox etc etc. It's funny, both of our cars in the family now, have literally the exact same 0-100km/hr time as publicly released by VW!! 5.8secs!! Oh, and the sound from the V8, magnificent!!
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

Users Country Flag
    ive got 2x R5's.......not the same though....

Users Country Flag

Just bought one. Pretty damn happy with it so far, despite a couple of little teething problems. Nothing major, and probably to be expected with a 9yo reasonably rare car.