Support VWWC

Thread: 2013 V8tdi Off-Road Transformation

Users Country Flag

2013 V8tdi Off-Road Transformation

Finally finished getting the beast setup to use off-road when the opportunity presents itself. Ended up looking a lot better than I had hoped for.
    So here is what I have done.
    1. Secondhand 20" VW Mountain rims which I got off gumtree which had been painted black with Nitto Terra Grapplers which have about 30% tread left. The spare on the roof is a secondhand Audi 20" rim with a secondhand Cooper Zeon LTZ which I sourced off ebay. I spent several hours trying to source one from here in Brissie but to no avail.
    2. Rhino Rack Pioneer SX platform. You don't want to know what I've been through to get this thing on the roof as no one has done a touareg before was the opinions I was hearing. Anyhow, finally got one and got them to warrant it as well.
    3. Wanderer awning from BCF which was on special a few weeks ago for less than half price so I couldn't let that go unnoticed.
    4. Shovel from BCF held on with Yakima lockable mounts. Didn't get the rhino rack versions as they were more expensive, poorer warranty and weren't lockable!! Easy decision on that front!
    5. Yakima recovery gear holder with maxtraxx recovery tracks. Had to go this route as I wanted to mount them across the front of the pioneer platform but ended up using them as a spoiler!

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that there is a Jerry can going in on its side beside the spare tyre. I'll only be using the Jerry can when we tow the caravan, not for when we actually go off-road as i think having that up there as well might be close to the load limit for up there so don't want to risk it, but it'll be fine when driving on the road. I was going to get a can holder but I think I have dropped that idea and am just going to strap it down as the cost on these things is out of this world!!

Before and after shots.
    2013 V8tdi Off-Road Transformation-image_1-jpg2013 V8tdi Off-Road Transformation-image_2-jpg2013 V8tdi Off-Road Transformation-image_3-jpg2013 V8tdi Off-Road Transformation-image_4-jpg2013 V8tdi Off-Road Transformation-image_5-jpg
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

Very nice