Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: APR Tuned Candy White Golf 6 R from South Africa

Users Country Flag

Very Nice, amazing to see the performance you got with the stock turbo!

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Update...

My R took on an Audi S4 B8 from a set of lights here in Bethlehem.

S4 owner is a great oke! Mods confirmed by owner to the 3.0TFSI is the supercharger pulley upgrade, downpipe and Revo software. Runs a nice set of 19" Vossens and looks sweet too.

Both cars are AWD and have DSG/Steptronic.

https://youtu.be/tF-a4O6aZg8

Recently I also had complained about a slight judder or shuddering on my steering wheel when applying brakes. This definitely narrowed down to the front rotors being the culprit.

Now before a lot of people say how bad cross drilled rotors are. I just wanna add that my rears are still perfect. I also feel the main reason for this happening was my pad choice. EBC yellow stuff may be a good pad on a track I presume, but in the street they don't seem to work very well. Notice how they have filmed my discs as my rears do not look like this at all and they run OEM pads.

So I ordered a new set of ECS 2 piece slotted/drilled rotors and also a set of Endless MX72 pads.

Assembly was easy. Main issue was to remove surface rust from the hub that the disc bolts onto.

And my verdict so far... The car was already perfect. The power delivery... The handling... The way the seats hug me as the car's power throws me even further back into them... Only thing putting me off of my car was my front brakes. Happy to report I love everything of my car now. Even my DSG clutches are still perfect on my daily 95RON file.

She received some more detailing care as always.

2012 Candy White Golf 6 R DSG - APR Stage 3
    460BHP/344Kw and 608Nm

And it's 2016... If time flies by like it has already, my R will be 4 years old!

Sitting just under 38k mileage now... Happy to say I still have no issues with my R. I actually closed from the 23rd of December and re-opened today. I drove my R every day and it gave a huge grin, delivering without skipping a beat. I took a drive through the scenic Drakensberg route with friends. Went out and made new ones, while making them all amazed, taking them for a drive and letting them feel the power. Even some of the conservative family that were down here to visit cannot believe how well she performs and how healthy she is...

Here are some pics taken over the holiday season. Some with friend's cars.

And another small video of her.
    https://youtu.be/IZH5BDRai48

So far, everything is still holding up so well. The new brakes work and stop brilliantly! The seats are awesome. The handling is still superb and the clutches are still holding up fine on my 95RON pump file.

The next thing will definitely be clutches (So I can run my 104RON file) and 17" RPF1s with Hoosiers for drag days. Engine internals will remain untouched. Jared Bailey from Australia has run his Stage 3 R for 50k mileage and with over 100 passes on his race file, his car is still fine.

Since the bagging scene has become so popular, I have also contemplated the move to AirLift's V2 Performance kit which still utilizes the sway bars and is meant for performance and not just looks. But I am still contemplating it as it may add unnessecery weight in the car that I want to shed for drag days. My R rides so well now with the KW setup too. I love every minute of driving her.
    460BHP/344Kw and 608Nm

Well with the rains we have been having, I hardly take my car out cause I like to keep it clean.

Except for this past weekend. Hadn't driven her in over a week and just had an itch to go enjoy her power again... BT in a TFSI with 4motion in the rain is incredible!!

Parked outside the fiancé's flat, I thouht I'd snap some dirty shots in our dull South African weather.

460BHP/344Kw and 608Nm

With 5000 kilometres nearing around the corner, I decided to order some fresh Motul 300V from my local APR dealer, VAG Motorsport and get some plugs as a spare set.

Plugs currently in the R still look fine and gap is right. Will change them at 10k kilometres. Obviously fueling right and only the right stuff going in the tank.

Also got a nice little addition to my fanboy status...
    460BHP/344Kw and 608Nm

Got bored with the gloss black on the R's wheels... In the flesh it looks ok, but pictures can't capture how beautifull the lines on an Ultraleggera really is. Also had a few chips and scratches as these wheels were not new when I purchased them.

So got myself 4 tressles and parked the R on them.

Marked off where each tyre goes and took the wheels to HiTech Mag Repairs for a proper refurb and colour change. Should have some feedback from them soon to come collect them.

I then took the time to go through my wheel arches and saw they need quite a clean up...

Using Auto Finesse Iron Out to remove contamination, I then treated the arch liners with Auto Finesse Revive and got this...

460BHP/344Kw and 608Nm

Collected my refurbished wheels from HiTech Mag Repairs.

And got to fitting them to my R.

And took her for a drive. Some snaps of the new wheels on my R.

460BHP/344Kw and 608Nm

Users Country Flag

You're right, new colour suits the wheels much better.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314