Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: APR Tuned Candy White Golf 6 R from South Africa

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Got to test a few different products over the weekend. My Meguiars stuff is due for replacement and wanted to test some other products as well. I will base my review on various products once I have finished it all. Managed to get my hands on a buddy's AF PH Shampoo, AF Tripple and AF Soul for some testing and I am most impressed! I still like Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax for the 2 bucket washing though. Seems to work easier/better but it is still too early to tell and compare.

With Snow Foam I am still using CrazyDetailer's Advanced Foam. I would like to try AF Avalanche with the added Citrus power. However for proper testing I would possibly have to drive my car in the rain so it builds up grime on the sides to see which product removes grime better. Normally I don't like taking my R out the garage when the weather looks like it's going to pour. But for future testing I will.

Also, funds are not where they should be this time of the year but once that is where I am comfortable with, I will be buying and trying some AF Desire. I presume AF Spirit will also do a great job as Candy White has a metallic surface.

Anyways, here are the results... These pics were posted on FB and Instagram for those that are friends with me. The car truly has this remarkable wet look in the paint that I've always wanted... I presume this is the work of AF Tripple that preps the paint so well before I applied the AF Soul.

2012 Candy White Golf 6 R DSG - APR Stage 3
    460BHP/344Kw and 608Nm

And got some nice products for my R again...

Shaun from VAG Cafe popped me pricing on Motul DSG oil and I got a good deal on 6L Motul 300V 5w40 for my motor and 7L Motul Multi DCTF for my gearbox.

As my car is still on 29k kms mileage, she will go in at 30k for the oil changes. I do my engine oil every 7500 and my gearbox and Haldex will be done every 30k.

Also got myself some awesome car car products courtesy of Auto Finesse which I sorted out with my other CrazyDetailer/Meguiars/OEM VW products in my garage.

Looking forward to trying out AF Tripple, AF Tough Coat, AF Illusion Wax and the AF Mint Rims Wax
    460BHP/344Kw and 608Nm

Users Country Flag
    My MK2 has done 317,878 k's. When it hits 320,000 I'll wash it.

Quote Originally Posted by sports racer View Post
    My MK2 has done 317,878 k's. When it hits 320,000 I'll wash it.
    Loooool!!
    460BHP/344Kw and 608Nm

And I tried out some of my new Auto Finesse products this weekend...

Took off my intake so I can clean the hard to reach places. Used some AF Iron Out. Waited a while and then lightly washed it all off keeping away from the coils. Used some damp detailing brushes around the coil section to clean everything.

Finally, I used some AF Dressle and achieved this result.

Since the car only had dust for being parked in the garage all the time, Snow foam wasn't need now. So I just washed the car with my normal 2 bucket method, using Chemical Guys Maxi Suds II. This soap makes incredible suds and I'm sure will assist in preventing swirls!

After drying, I got to testing the AF Mint Rims Wax. So easy to apply and buff off. Also used some AF Dressle on my plastic inner wheel arch trims

Wax being applied

Wax buffed off

And then came the AF Tripple which I finished off with by using a good sealant like AF tough coat. There just was no more time to apply AF Illusion wax but will do so in my next session.

Here are the results. Pics are dark cause I finished off the tough coat buffing at night.

Also used some AF Total, and AF Spritz along with some of my OEM products I purchase from VW to do the plastics. Also had no more time to try out the AF Hide on my leather seats... But the interior looks great too.

I am very impressed. Not only are the products so good, they apply and come off so easy... No wonder most detailers use this stuff!
    460BHP/344Kw and 608Nm

And a small update.

Met some nice mates from Bloemfontein that run a photo/video business called Downshift Photography.

They came down to scenic tourist attraction Clarens and Golden Gate region for the long Easter Weekend. They asked me if they could shoot my car there and I was more than obliged to drive through seeing as it was only a 30km drive from my hometown.

Here are some snaps taken by them:

They also did a video shoot of the scenic area with my R in it.

Tony's super clean APR Tuned VW Golf mk6R - YouTube
    460BHP/344Kw and 608Nm

Users Country Flag
    That looks perfect !

The Downshift logo looks like my old car - Bolwell Nagari.

Cheers

Paul
    Last edited by sports racer; 09-04-2015 at 02:05 PM.

Thanks bud!

Here is part 2 of the video. With a few more shots of the car and a launch control section.

https://youtu.be/j3D8GtuZN6s
    460BHP/344Kw and 608Nm

Users Country Flag
    A very nice bit of kit. Well done.

Thanks bud!!

Some rolling snaps of my R from Downshift Photography...

460BHP/344Kw and 608Nm

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast