Support VWWC

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: QLD - Timeattack 2015

QLD - Timeattack 2015

Hi,
    There's so far 4 of us as regulars in the QLD Timeattack series held at Lakeside and QR. Lakeside is ran on Saturdays, QR on Thursdays with 6 events at each location over the year. There's classes pending the level of modification. Typically the cars are more track oriented than street cars with many being dedicated race or timeattack cars.

TimeAttack

Calendar:
    Queensland Raceway - Thursday 12 Feb, 2015
    Lakeside Park - Saturday 07 Mar, 2015
    Queensland Raceway - Thursday 26 Mar, 2015
    Lakeside Park - Saturday 02 May, 2015
    Queensland Raceway - Thursday 14 May, 2015
    Queensland Raceway - Saturday 30 May, 2015, Japanese Nationals
    Lakeside Park - Saturday 20 Jun, 2015
    Queensland Raceway - Thursday 16 Jul, 2015
    Lakeside Park - Saturday 08 Aug, 2015
    Queensland Raceway - Thursday 27 Aug, 2015
    Queensland Raceway - Saturday 19 Sep, 2015, Maximum Attack
    Lakeside Park - Saturday 10 Oct, 2015
    Queensland Raceway - Thursday 05 Nov, 2015
    Lakeside Park - Saturday 28 Nov, 2015
    Queensland Raceway - Thursday 10 Dec, 2015, End of Year Event

If anyone is interested in this, please feel free to ask questions. It's also awesome to come out and watch, it's free to watch.

Sean
    Last edited by seangti; 15-01-2015 at 04:23 PM.
    Track Car: 06 Polo GTI Red Devil mkII
    Daily: 2010 VW Jetta Highline
    Gone but not forgotten: 08 Polo GTI
    ** All information I provide is probably incorrect until validated by someone else **

Users Country Flag
    I would be keen to come out to watch you guys before participating. What kind of tyres are you running and where are the best places to get them?

I'll have to get some new tires.

For this year 2 will be running the Yokohama A050R, last year they ran the Yoko AD08R.
    Yokohama Tyres | Racing Tyres From Yokohama: ADVAN A050 R Spec Sizes and Reviews

I'm still running some old tyres which should last another couple of events and will decide what I'll run after feedback from the other two. Currently I run a Bridgestone semi on the front with Toyo R888 on the rear. They've probably gone off, but still grip better than road tyres so will run them into the ground. Depending on the lap time improvement the other 2 get with the A050's, I'll decide if I run them too, or look for something a bit a cheaper.

Yokohama is the sponsor of world timeattack in australia (and Japan I think) so a lot of guys run them.

From what I understand, there is only one distributor of the A050 in QLD, they're at Albion.
    ** All information I provide is probably incorrect until validated by someone else **

Users Country Flag
    We're the guinea pigs, you see...
    Click or tap --> MY13 CW Golf R | Manual | ACC (deleted) | 19" Black Talladegas (sold) | Satnav-Dynaudio
    APR Stage 2+ w/RFD | Autotech HPFP | IE CAI + BSH Heat Shield | NPC Clutch + SMF | HPX 3" TBE | CTS FMIC | VWR Short Shifter | Comp Haldex | Uprated Engine Mounts | MCA Red Suspension | HP Superpro LCA/ALK/Ball Joints | Superpro Rear Bushes | AP Racing BBK | P3 Gauge | 16% tint
    Track wheels: 18x8 ET45 Enkei Racing PF01 | Tyres: 245/40R18 Yokohama Advan A050 Soft | Street: 245/35R19 Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S

Users Country Flag
    QR GP half day on 25th is either 9am start or 12:30. FYI

050's on my Golf R were 2 seconds quicker @ Lakeside over "regular" Semi slicks- it was soft compound mind you.

the only one that comes close is the Z221 -

You will be in for a shock going from the R888's . ENJOY!

Thanks Guy, yeah the R888's are on the rear as they were pretty ordinary on the front. The fronts are Bridgestone RE55s, they've been good. I don't believe they are still made/availale, have only searched the internet though haven't been able to find any current pricing.

Will you be doing any timeattack?

Good quick read on tyre pressure management -

HeySean - I wish I could - Spine surgeon has me out for at least another 6 months yet, and I'm itching for the track.

Good to see the VW's out there

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy_H View Post
    050's on my Golf R were 2 seconds quicker @ Lakeside over "regular" Semi slicks- it was soft compound mind you.

the only one that comes close is the Z221 -

You will be in for a shock going from the R888's . ENJOY!
    Good to know. I'm moving from AD08R to A050 Medium Should be fun!

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_H View Post

Good to see the VW's out there
    We're making a name for ourselves...pretty soon, we'll have a Euro Nats, not just Jap Nats!
    Click or tap --> MY13 CW Golf R | Manual | ACC (deleted) | 19" Black Talladegas (sold) | Satnav-Dynaudio
    APR Stage 2+ w/RFD | Autotech HPFP | IE CAI + BSH Heat Shield | NPC Clutch + SMF | HPX 3" TBE | CTS FMIC | VWR Short Shifter | Comp Haldex | Uprated Engine Mounts | MCA Red Suspension | HP Superpro LCA/ALK/Ball Joints | Superpro Rear Bushes | AP Racing BBK | P3 Gauge | 16% tint
    Track wheels: 18x8 ET45 Enkei Racing PF01 | Tyres: 245/40R18 Yokohama Advan A050 Soft | Street: 245/35R19 Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast