Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263

Thread: 1/4 Mile Times

Could be, I can only go off the corner weight scales we have here. I have no idea how accurate WSID scales are (are they calibrated often?).

And yes, a muffler does weigh more than a headlight - that's not an issue.

Mind you, there is also 60kg's in the fuel tank, so weight will vary depending if full or empty too. Oh, we have different weight drivers as well.

Users Country Flag

1/4 Mile Times

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_H View Post
    Could be, I can only go off the corner weight scales we have here. I have no idea how accurate WSID scales are (are they calibrated often?).

And yes, a muffler does weigh more than a headlight - that's not an issue.

Mind you, there is also 60kg's in the fuel tank, so weight will vary depending if full or empty too. Oh, we have different weight drivers as well.
    The calibration is pretty accurate at WSID. Between my last two runs 1st at 1580kg with full trim and spare wheel, then dropping the interior and spare out for Wednesday night it came in at 1490kg. Two years earlier on a stage 2 run I weighed in at 1575kg with full trim, spare and very similar fuel level, 1/8 of a tank.

Anyways if I had more time with the car I would invest in proper lightweight gear like on your R but my next VAG project will be here in December and will start off with a twin turbo 3.6 400hp through a PDK..
    Last edited by CDR20; 18-07-2014 at 04:23 PM. Reason: change
    Previously RSmiling

How much fuel did you have in the tank? The most I have squeezed in is 55 litres.

Users Country Flag

1/4 Mile Times

How much fuel did you have in the tank? The most I have squeezed in is 55 litres.
    From memory the tank size is 55 litres. I only ever hit the track with 1/8th of a tank to keep weight down. As a daily I was hitting the servo every few days with a small top up to keep the fuel level low.

All that aside, my mph speaks for itself..
    Last edited by CDR20; 18-07-2014 at 06:20 PM. Reason: change
    Previously RSmiling

I think the weights would be pretty similar overall. The rear muffler would have to be 25kg's - interior the same.

You have to remember, this car (the 10 second blue / white one) 5 door is a customers car - not our own, so its his daily driver.

There is probably 15 - 20kgs pulled out of wheels / tyres / suspension. so as unsprung weight it certainly helps. And yes, you are correct - the MPH speaks for itself.

May I ask, why did you pull the headlights? For more air or weight saving?

Users Country Flag
    I think the weights would be pretty similar overall. The rear muffler would have to be 25kg's - interior the same.

You have to remember, this car (the 10 second blue / white one) 5 door is a customers car - not our own, so its his daily driver.

There is probably 15 - 20kgs pulled out of wheels / tyres / suspension. so as unsprung weight it certainly helps. And yes, you are correct - the MPH speaks for itself.

May I ask, why did you pull the headlights? For more air or weight saving?
    Pulled the headlight out for air. The Volant intake I've got is very restrictive, unlike the APR intake the Volant sits behind the headlight and with the filter element it restricts air from the grill.

I've got a revised file waiting for me hopefully with more power, also an updated DSG tune with much quicker shifts but this is probably a few weeks away. I also think my Haldex Race Controller may be scrubbing of a 1-2mph from what I've been reading on the web so I'll see if it holds true on my next outing when I remove it.

There were a few VAGs out last Wed racing but I didn't get a chance to see what they were running. From memory a few R's and S3s from Muller & Muller.
    Previously RSmiling

The specific weight of fuel is typically 0.72 (i.e. relative weight to water), so a 55l tank is ~40kg. It all helps I suppose.
    Track Car: 06 Polo GTI Red Devil mkII
    Daily: 2010 VW Jetta Highline
    Gone but not forgotten: 08 Polo GTI
    ** All information I provide is probably incorrect until validated by someone else **

Users Country Flag
    Managed to squeeze a bit more out of it.

12.257 @ 114.95 mph, 1.911 60ft, MK6 GTI Manual, APR Stage3, M&H Slicks - 1320kgs _grandturismo

^^ Nice mate thats a decent trap, I reckon you could get some more out of it yet!
    2010 MY11 Volcano Red Audi TTS 12.2@111mph
    APR Stage 2+, BPS DSG Tune, Turbo XS downpipe, Autotech HPFP, GFB DV+
    DBA T3 Front Rotors, Brembo Rear Rotors, Remsa Brake Pads, Nitto Invo Tyres

https://youtu.be/GBKv9krA0Gc

11.44@118.99,1.695 60ft,Golf R DSG, 2867GTX, Recode/Revlimit Custom Tune, , Recode/Revlimit custom DSG Remap. Nitto Invo front original dunlops rear (embarrassing). Full street trim ~ 1500 kgs but below 1550 ?. Parso_rex
    Last edited by parso_rex; 30-03-2015 at 03:49 PM.

Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263