Thread: Seat Toledo MK1 history

Users Country Flag

Seat Toledo MK1 history

Hi everyone, just wondering if there is some resource out there that shows a history of the MK1 Toledo, for example, what the Magnus or sport badges mean, or what interior specs/options there were (I have a few empty buttons on my dash and i'm wondering what they are. I've noticed some Toledos came with carpeted door cards, just wondering what model or year that would be.

Google doesn't seem to come up with anything detailing stuff like this so i would appreciate someone dropping a knowledge bomb on me.

Users Country Flag
    Check out BriSkoda

I know the Magnus badge replaced the GLX badge towards the end of SEAT being sold in Australia, which came with it a facelift, so rounder/smoother front and rear pumpers, a one piece front bumper which also included a larger and simpler grill with a larger SEAT badge. The rear also came simpler bumpers and the 'smoked' tinted rear lights and up to date badging.

The 2.0L 16v/Sport model is a very rare beast! Only a handful were imported to Australia and were similar to the Golf GTi.
    1.6L 5 speed 1998 SEAT Cordoba SXE