Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 95 Ibiza just purchased

I guess that's the next step. All has to wait until Monday.
    Thanks for the offer. Will let you know if I do.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by forsakencrew View Post
    Update: tightened the low limit screw on the carby, bringing the revs up a little (probably only a quarter turn, but still only ~800rpm idle), and gave the carby a quick squirt with carby cleaner. The revs picked up a fair bit, so I'm guessing (with my very limited knowledge of carburetors) that it's lacking in fuel/running lean. Any idea how to adjust air/fuel ratio?
    Did you spray down the throat of the carby or the outside?

If it was down the throat then it sounds like your choke isn't working. The choke adds more fuel while the car is warming up and then turns off when it's warm so you don't use heaps of fuel.

If you sprayed outside the carby then you've got an air leak where you sprayed.

Quote Originally Posted by sports racer View Post
    Did you spray down the throat of the carby or the outside?

If it was down the throat then it sounds like your choke isn't working. The choke adds more fuel while the car is warming up and then turns off when it's warm so you don't use heaps of fuel.

If you sprayed outside the carby then you've got an air leak where you sprayed.
    Had a go just before. Seems like the car is running a bit smoother now (just by chance), but it's still a bit lumpy.
    It seems to be when you spray down the throat of the carby. I don't quite understand what you mean though. The car turns on fine, and will only go lumpy when it's warmed up.
    Any idea on repair?

Users Country Flag
    It sounds like the carby isn't supplying the correct fuel/air ratio when warm. You might have to do some research and see how to check that the choke is turning off when warm, that the jets aren't blocked and the butterfly valve has no play.

Old car, old carby. Bound to be some problems.

Quote Originally Posted by sports racer View Post
    It sounds like the carby isn't supplying the correct fuel/air ratio when warm. You might have to do some research and see how to check that the choke is turning off when warm, that the jets aren't blocked and the butterfly valve has no play.

Old car, old carby. Bound to be some problems.
    All part of the fun of it!

Users Country Flag
    if its a single point carbie type fuel injection I have one for you
    german - english translations esp vw documents!!

Dismantling 95 Seat Cord'a and 73 campers and 74 dc van !!! Some Mk1 and t2 ant3 gear in my stash,,,

Quote Originally Posted by karmen View Post
    if its a single point carbie type fuel injection I have one for you
    I might take you up on that offer. I'm out of town for a few weeks, but I'll pm you some photos etc when I get back and we can sort it out.
    Thanks!

Users Country Flag
    am in Bris area but post would be easy
    have most of the 1.8 eng parts from a 95 Cordoba plus many matching front body parts..
    there is a rubber tube from carb to the intake manifold which can cause running probs if perished!
    german - english translations esp vw documents!!

Dismantling 95 Seat Cord'a and 73 campers and 74 dc van !!! Some Mk1 and t2 ant3 gear in my stash,,,

Quote Originally Posted by karmen View Post
    am in Bris area but post would be easy
    have most of the 1.8 eng parts from a 95 Cordoba plus many matching front body parts..
    there is a rubber tube from carb to the intake manifold which can cause running probs if perished!
    That was actually the first thing to get replaced as the old hose was pretty well ruined.
    I have not however, checked over the other vacuum hoses, nor done any gaskets or seals.
    I actually need to get a few parts for the old girl, so you'll be hearing from me!

hi, if you want a towbar, I have one to fit it, $60 and its yours, regards, Dave

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast