Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What deal did you get?

Users Country Flag

haha not yet! Somehow the finances do not allow two expensive cars atm!
    Current ride: 2014 Range Rover Evoque 5 Door TD4 Pure | 9 Spd Auto | Fuji White | Black Leather | 19 inch 'Dynamic' Wheels

Previous rides: MY11.5 Golf GTI 5 door | DSG | Candy White | 18' Detriots | Bluetooth | K&N Air Filter | Dancing Dials (Oh Yeah!)
    | 1989 Porsche 944S2 Coupe| Guards Red| Leather| Sunroof| LSD

Quote Originally Posted by Andych View Post
    Sorry mate but they are WRONG unless they have Airfreighted your car. The actual build date will be 2011.
    I know because my car is still on the water and not due to land in Australia until the 26th January....it was built in week 42 of 2011.

The Stealer does not know what you are asking... as explained before... all the Scirocco R's coming in (first shipment or these shipments) are MY2012... Model Year.

Ask them for the actual build week, they can screenshot it from their system.
    Edit: Update-

Youre right, she was giving me the compliance date. Shes sent me through all the info on the vehicle.

Commission : 2011 / 227xxx

Production ID
    Week : 41
    Day : 5
    Number: 0154
    Year : 2011

Oh well - compliance date is fine due to it being an import this is the date Ill use to sell it in 3/4 years time.

Also - just a heads up, they are looking at 8 months lead time on any DSG vehicle that is currently not already on the way here (according to her stock GM).
    Last edited by Bain; 11-01-2012 at 01:08 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Bain View Post
    Edit: Update-

they are looking at 8 months lead time on any DSG vehicle that is currently not already on the way here (according to her stock GM).
    Ouch, I'm just about to order tomorrow...and was told by dealer today to expect late June delivery. Planned spec:

Indium Grey
    DSG
    Sar/Nav
    Dynaudio
    Sunroof

Don't mind that it is a bit of a wait - my 135i is only just over two years old so there is no urgency to move it on. I had reconciled that it would be June but August or September starts to seem a long way away.

Has anyone been able to get a test drive without having to order one? I was told today by Barloworld Glen Waverley that unless I was going to deal today, I wasn't allowed to test drive their roc because they didn't want to put too many k's on it. Otherwise I'd have to wait till April for there to be more cars...
    MY07 Polo GTI APR'd - Gone!

Try another dealer. It is ridiculous that they would impose such a condition on you.

I test drove one last week at Chatswood Classic in Sydney and I told the dealer specifically that I wasn't going to buy that day. He still let me test drive the car.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by poloplayer View Post
    Has anyone been able to get a test drive without having to order one? I was told today by Barloworld Glen Waverley that unless I was going to deal today, I wasn't allowed to test drive their roc because they didn't want to put too many k's on it. Otherwise I'd have to wait till April for there to be more cars...
    Contact VWA and complain...that really is not kosher.
    Candy White Scirocco R DSG with Panoramic Sunroof and RNS510 Sat Nav, tint
    Cup Rear Spoiler, VMR V718 GM rims, APR Tuned, Brembo 6 pot BBK, Eibach Pro-Kit springs, Low line RVC, Exhaust flap delete

Has anyone been able to get a test drive without having to order one? .
    Tell the dealer your tossing between the scirocco and the megane. Then watch them bend over.. and of course you want to mention you want to test drive both before committing.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Yeah I would never deal with Barloworld Glen Waverley. When I bought my Polo I went in there for service and all they told me was that they didn't have the car there, but I could have a brochure as a substitute. No follow up whatsoever. I only went to them for a drive since they're the closest. Will definitely be sending an e-mail to VWA.

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by why_999 View Post
    Tell the dealer your tossing between the scirocco and the megane. Then watch them bend over.. and of course you want to mention you want to test drive both before committing.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    I actually have, and they're just up the road too! The salesman didn't even ask a single question about me to gauge how serious I was. He probably thinks the Scirocco's as rare and as magical as a unicorn.
    MY07 Polo GTI APR'd - Gone!

Users Country Flag
    He probably thinks the Scirocco's as rare and as magical as a unicorn.
    Well of course they are...
    Candy White Scirocco R DSG with Panoramic Sunroof and RNS510 Sat Nav, tint
    Cup Rear Spoiler, VMR V718 GM rims, APR Tuned, Brembo 6 pot BBK, Eibach Pro-Kit springs, Low line RVC, Exhaust flap delete

Users Country Flag

So have bought the white DSG that was available from McCarrols in Waitara NSW (59k on the road in VIC - ETA 20th Jan) ! Wohoo. There will be a White DSG with Sunroof and Dynaudio available from VIC Geelong Dealer for April delivery if anybody is interested.
    2012 - Scirocco R Candy White DSG , Sunroof + GPS.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast