Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Tinting the rocco

Users Country Flag

rear glass is 35% from factory if that helps

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by ZIO View Post
    I did tint-a-car Formula 1 for the fronts - not as dark as the RB above but looks pretty smooth and not too too dark (no cop magnet).... all up 160 for both windows cant complain did it in two hours very good job. (Tint a car north melbourne)
    I just don't undersand why there are such big variation in price from Tint-a-car.
    As I mentioned before, they quoted me $3xx and told me that's with discount and the best they can do

Users Country Flag
    hmm

but i dont really have one that u can tell
    2012 - Scirocco R Candy White DSG , Sunroof + GPS.

Users Country Flag
    That sort of price is just out of the ball park... ZIO's is for front windows only but the price is about right...
    What did you pay for the job from Robert?

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

See... now ZIO,,, that is just showing off...

---------- Post added 10-02-2012 at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was 09-02-2012 at 10:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kche3572 View Post
    I just don't undersand why there are such big variation in price from Tint-a-car.
    As I mentioned before, they quoted me $3xx and told me that's with discount and the best they can do
    Well I went and visited the Guys who have tinted all my cars today and discussed it with him.... Just to be sure I will drop in to see him after I have picked up the car but he is pretty sure he has a really good match (from outside) and it is going to cost a massive $110 total.

I have also spoken to the guy who will wrap my roof... we will sort out a price and exactly what vinyl we will use next week.
    He is also pretty sure he can access a good quality Gloss finish CF vinyl... possibly the Mirrors... next week will be interesting.
    Candy White Scirocco R DSG with Panoramic Sunroof and RNS510 Sat Nav, tint
    Cup Rear Spoiler, VMR V718 GM rims, APR Tuned, Brembo 6 pot BBK, Eibach Pro-Kit springs, Low line RVC, Exhaust flap delete

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I paid $220 for both front and rear windows. It was a good 1.5 hours job.
    Will be interested to see how much will it cost to wrap the mirrors.

Users Country Flag
    Had mine tinted at 15% by Martin at Ground zero tinting at Blacktown last saturday, $150, and he does a flawless job. His number is 0424725250
    2012 - Scirocco R Rising Blue DSG
    2008 - 2012 Civic FD1 Black

Users Country Flag
    Front windows tinted with Johnson Renegade 20 which is a really good match for the Factory tint... it has a definite Green tinge.
    Total price... $100.00 with a lifetime warranty.
    The only real issue I can see will potentially needing to darken the factory tint a touch...lol. We will see once the tint has cured but from inside it is fantastic... it is not as dark as my Mondeo was so it is fine in underground carparks... it looks fantastic too...

Before

After

Before

After

plus a couple of iPhone shots with the sun on opposite sides...

Cup Rear Spoiler, VMR V718 GM rims, APR Tuned, Brembo 6 pot BBK, Eibach Pro-Kit springs, Low line RVC, Exhaust flap delete

Users Country Flag
    Add the roof wrap and its looking good.
    Scirocco: Indium Grey, DSG, pana roof, Sat/Nav, Dynaudio, VWR springs and APR stage 1. Now sold
    Arriving April 17 Audi S3 sedan, Panther black, S-tronic, PP2, pano, matrix lights, assistance pack, 40:20:40 seats, mirror pack, light inlays

Tiguan: Tiguan 162TSI, DAP and pano in Habanero

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac135 View Post
    Add the roof wrap and its looking good.
    Yep... pretty good price I have as well $200 for Gloss Black... a little more I guess if I do the rear wing as well... still not decided on that.

Users Country Flag

Are you making your mind up soon?
    Scirocco: Indium Grey, DSG, pana roof, Sat/Nav, Dynaudio, VWR springs and APR stage 1. Now sold
    Arriving April 17 Audi S3 sedan, Panther black, S-tronic, PP2, pano, matrix lights, assistance pack, 40:20:40 seats, mirror pack, light inlays

Tiguan: Tiguan 162TSI, DAP and pano in Habanero

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast