Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Tinting the rocco

Users Country Flag

I tend to move onto something else once I've had one model, have got a few idea's but will need to convince the finance manager at home
    the scrape annoys me as they have scratched the alloy and also the rear bumper and left a mark on the main body of the car which I can't seem to polish out. It needs some work at the body shop, would like to get a few of the stone chips fixed up at the same time but can't get the time to leave it with a shop so they can address it
    BMW Z4 (2019)
    Audi TT quattro (2015), s-line in Nano Grey - sold

For those that had there windows tinted, did they need to remove any trims to perform the job and if so did you get any trim rattles or loose fitment (e.g. broken clips etc.) in the trims after the fact?

I'm thinking about getting some tinting done but and bit concerned about needing the trims to be removed to get a proper tint job done 🤔

Any input is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Andy

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by AnDyStYLe View Post
    For those that had there windows tinted, did they need to remove any trims to perform the job and if so did you get any trim rattles or loose fitment (e.g. broken clips etc.) in the trims after the fact?

I'm thinking about getting some tinting done but and bit concerned about needing the trims to be removed to get a proper tint job done ��

Any input is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Andy
    Hi Andy
    Had mine done about 12 months back - only the front (door) windows
    Discussed the "process" before I let them loose
    Guy said that they over-ride a position switch that allows the window to extend further out
    Guess that allows then to work below the normal "closed" position
    As far as I know they did not remove the door cards or any trim at all
    Cheers
    Chris

^ Thanks for the input Chris...

Yeah I'd definitely be discussing the process with them beforehand.

Never heard about overriding a position switch, will have to try do more research on this.

Cheers,

Andy

Just had my 2 front windows tinted today. If you open the front doors and then stick your finger in the latch mechanism on the door, the glass will extend to the "fully closed" position. That way when they put the tint on they can get right to the bottom without having to remove any trims.

Job took 40 minutes and the guy used a heat gun on the bottom to cure it quicker than normal to make sure that the film didn't move when you open/close the doors. General rule is not to move the windows for 48 hours but you can't avoid opening/closing the doors which moves it a cm each time.

I ended up going 35% (darkest legal) on the fronts so it doesn't match the privacy glass but still looks OK.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415